Amazed....

kberkihiser
on 2/15/05 5:21 am - Lancaster, PA
I don't know how each of you feel about the weight you have lost, as far as feeling so much lighter, but I got a wake up call Sunday night. We needed Cat Litter, so I stopped at the store to pick some up and decided to get the 40 pound bag, well... holy crap! Ever lifter a 40 lb bag of Cat Litter? Maybe I am a wimp but it was quite a struggle, I managed to get it in the cart and thought, OMG that was sooooo heavy, then I looked at the bag and saw it only weighed 40 lbs, and then I though.... I have lost over 2 of those suckers and 2 lbs shy of another half of one! I know I am smaller, but HOLY COW! I bet my furnature is grateful for the 98 lbs loss! It just amazed me - and if you need a special pcik me up, go to the store and lift Cat litter totalling the amount you lost, It will AMAZE you! Another non scale victory -- I did 40 minutes and over 3 miles on the eliptical at the gym last night (497 calories!) I still remember when doing 2 minutes on that was a struggle and by 10 my heart rate was almost 180, now in 40 minutes of pushing myself, I never see a heart rate over 165! How's that from improving my health? Just makes me feel great to see people alot smaller than me barely surviving 20-30 mins on the machine and I can do 40! Just makes ya feel wonderful.... Had to share.... how is everyone else doing on their fitness goals? What are yours? Mine is at least 3 days in the gym a week 2 doing cardio - at least 30 minutes and 1 doing body pump (a 1hr class geared to high rep weight training that totally kicks your bum and works every muscle in your body) -- on a good week 4 days would be even better! Kristy
Danelle72
on 2/15/05 12:22 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I have been doing the Gazelle for 50 mins a day and that evens out to like 4 miles each day. My hubby got me an Ab Lounge yesterday and I love it. So I will get to switch things up. I also ordered the core workout videos. They should be here in a couple of days. So hopefully this will get things going a little faster. By the way you are doing great keep up the great work. Danelle
deeno
on 2/15/05 11:31 pm - Kokomo, IN
I had a "cat litter" moment, too. Man, that stuff is heavy. And to think, I was carrying that weight on my body all of the time. It's unreal. Diana
Tanja Y
on 2/16/05 1:35 am - Wahiawa, HI
Well it wasn't cat litter, but it was close! A few weeks ago there wern't enough people for my water aerobics class one night, so Seth (my son) and I decided to just walk laps in the pool. Well I started getting bored and we were goofing around a bit when he hopped on my back. OMG he felt so heavy, but I decided to walk some laps with him there. Then it dawned on me he weighs as much as I've lost and there I was; practically struggeling to carry his butt around on my back in WATER where everything is lighter. I have no idea how I managed to walk around and maintain a somewhat normal life with that extra weight! As for my exercise routine I try very hard to go to the gym M thru F. If I don't do water aeroics class I hit the machines in the gym. I can do up to 5 miles on the bike, walk forever on the treadmill ( I find it extreemly boring tho) and I love to lift weights. Weekends I try to go at least once, but ususally we're so busy I don't make it to the gym. But I try my best to do something at home, even if it's just taking a walk with the kids. ~Tanja 448/298/148
GailD
on 2/16/05 2:29 am - Racine, WI
Hi Kristy, I've been going to Curves for the past three years -- so I was going there long before surgery! Lately I've noticed that I don't feel that I'm getting enough of a workout (I go with two girlfriends and we chit chat through the whole circuit -- not paying enough attention to get a good workout -- it's certainly not Curves fault!) So, I've started Jazzercise, which I usually refer to as "Spaz-ercise". I LOVE IT! I feel like I get an awesome workout..plus we do some work with free weights and target certain areas like abs, thighs, arms. I'm also taking a bellydancing class that is taught by a ballerina -- so we do alot of stretches and killer lunges. I try to do Jazzercise 3 times per week, bellydancing once per week...and Curves whenever I can. I'd love to find a class like yours that does high rep weight training. I'm trying to find something to get rid of this droopy tummy and cottage cheese thighs -- not to mention the batwing arms! Gail D. 252/168/140
kberkihiser
on 2/17/05 6:24 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks for the replies everyone! Gail - I know what you mean about the droppy tummy..... cottage cheese thighs and batwing arms. I hope this class will help those! I have heard some of it will shrink, and I hope so! bc my thighs look terrible as well as my upper arms and lower and mid belly. I have been using skin firming lotion to help, but we'll see if it really helps! Kristy 306/208/165 -98 (those 2 lbs to 100 just keep hanging on!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views