Update and how is everyone else doing?

Kelle W
on 2/15/05 4:23 am - Atlanta, GA
I just wanted to check in with the other July babies and see how everyone is doing? Ya'll were all so supportive of me when it was time for surgery, but I don't get out to the main board much so I wanted to check in. As for me, I'm down 138 pounds according to my nutritionist's scales this morning. I'm finally at 350. I have a long way to go, but I feel so much better it's unbelieveable. I have started walking on the treadmill and do that 3 times a week. I'm looking to get a personal trainer once I get my taxes back. Has anyone else had luck with one? I've been told I need to eat more calories, I could have fallen out of my chair at that one. Didn't think I'd ever hear those words My labs all look great, it's pretty good overall. Now, tell me about ya'll! Kelle
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/05 5:38 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I was kind of wondering where you've been. Haven't read much from my "twins" lately. Sounds like you are doing great! 138 lbs...that's fantastic! I haven't used a personal trainer, but wish I could afford one. It would be nice to have someone push you when you first begin exercising, to help make it a habit. Like you, I have a long road ahead of me. Hang in there! Pamela 352/268/heading toward 200
Julie 22
on 2/15/05 8:59 pm - NC
Hey Kelle! WOW, 138 lbs. that is fantastic! Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I don't have a personal trainer, but my fiance use to be one & he is also a weight lifter. We have a few weights, a nordic trac & an exercise bike at home. We work out together as much as possible & he helps to push me & keep me going. I am down to 160 lbs. for a loss of 88. I want to lose 20 more & I am hoping to do that by May 1st. I am feeling wonderful & luckily have not had any problems. Take care, Julie
deeno
on 2/15/05 11:28 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi everyone I've been doing great, too. Just like everyone else, I wish my weight loss were quicker, and I am frustrated with the "stalls" and "lulls" with downward scale movement. But, I've lost 70 pounds with no complications. I've had a very easy go of things. You know, I've lost the 70 without any effort. I think the last 30-50 are going to take a little work on my end. I bought a Walk Away the Pounds DVD, and I've used it a few times. I increased my volleyball schedule to 4 nights a week, so it's hard to get the walks in, too. I went to my football try-outs and did pretty well, too. This is my second year playing women's professional football. It's so much fun. We wear pads and helmets, and it is full tackle. Yes, I get bruised up, but I love it. I've been able to eat without difficulty since day one. This is good and bad. As I have been able to introduce new foods, I've had no tolerance problems, no dumping. I seem to also have a quantity issue, too, as I can eat a great deal (but I choose not to most of the time, although it is hard). I stop eating out of fear, not out of fullness. I don't do protein supplements, I get all of my protein from food. I'm doing pretty good at this, too. I try not to stress over it. I've been a very good girl about getting my vitamins in (it was my New Year's Resolution, as I was slacking here). My hair was falling out for a short while, but it wasn't bad. It seems to have stopped falling out (I think). I think if I had long hair it would have been a lot more traumatic. I see reconstructive surgery in my future. I have bat wings on my arms--always have, and now they are really gross. I am shooting for this fall to have my batwingectomy. My stomach and thighs are also "issues". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these body parts. My boobs.....ugh. As long as I can roll 'em up in a bra, I'm OK with them. Hubby, however, is interested in me getting a boob job. Anyhow, that's me post WLS in a nutshell. I'm happy that I had the surgery, and I'm hopeful that I will continue to lose. I've never been this close to a normal weight since I was 16 years old. It's cool. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views