appetite increase ....

Sherri_B
on 2/14/05 3:10 am - washington, MO
oh my .. my weight has been at a stand still for over a month and this past weekend my appetie and little pouch became very hungry and holding alot more . my choices have been protein but still for example dh flew me to chicago for a romantic weekend on the 28th floor in the hyatt overlooking the city of chicago what a view . so maybe that was it anywho for b i would have 2 pouched eggs / a few bites of sausage and bacon 1/2 slice and 1/2 cup milk l prtein cookie from bariatric adv .. d 60z steak . yes 6 oz . and salad only a few bites and couple of fries . and i hour later i was hungry again .. i ate the other 1/2 of my protein cookie ... and lots of water ok and a couple margarittas but we was celebrating v . day ... all in all my appetite this weekend was huige ... and a bit scarey ... we went to bubba gumps resturant .. mmm . must eat there i ate my steak 6 shrimp and some of hubbys shrimp and 2 bites of mashed potatoes ... someone help i am 7 months out my tummy still tells me nomore but it just seems to hold more .
MinnieMia
on 2/14/05 5:14 am - SC
My pouch seems to swell and shrink on a whim. I still don't get more than 4 oz of anything down (don't really try) 99% of the time but some days I'm starving to death and some days I could care less if I ever saw another bite of food. This has been a no food time. Thursday I had about 9 slices of turkey pepperoni and 1/2 oz of cheddar cheese for brunch and the insides of a lean pocket (8-10 meatballs 1/2" in diameter) for dinner. That's it. All day. Not good! I just couldn't eat anything. I couldn't even get all of my vitamins/meds in! I just could not swallow anything. I felt stuffed. Even milk wouldn't go down. BUT read my last profile update...I'm struggling with old behaviors when I'm in those hungry cycles. (Speaking of "cycles"...the week before and of my period I am a ravenous beast. The dog and cat look frightened.) I find myself standing in front of the fridge looking for something to eat when I know I shouldn't or when I know I'm not even hungry, I just *want* to eat. I'm actually doing therapy for figuring out why I overeat...when I can actually eat, that is! Sometimes, though, like you I find that an hour after I eat...even if I ate dense protein...I'm starving again. I have a few nuts and that tides me over usually. Your message almost sounds like you're drinking while eating...that could be a problem for you, maybe.... And by the way, our pouches do start to hold more as we get further out...that's why we were supposed to get into good eating habits during the first 6 months. I'd say I do okay 94% of the time. That's WAY better than I used to do!! I just don't want to fall back into old habits, you know? This is probably not the case but I tell everyone who complains of hunger so bear with me! I found a few months ago that I was getting hungrier during and after meals. I mean I got this empty, gnawing feeling while I was eating and afterwards. How do you get hungrier as you eat?? I felt the need to "feed" the pain. I tried talking to myself rationally about how i wasn't hungry it was head hunger but I knew I felt this physical "need" to feed it. It was horrible and I was sure it meant I was going to fail. Weeeellll...it was an ulcer in my old stomach. I started protonix about a month ago and I lost 13.8 pounds in that month...the prior month I lost less than 8 pounds. I think it was the difference between being so ravenous all the time with the ulcer and getting it under control. If you're feeling like your eating is of concern or that it's getting out of control you might consider seeing someone about it. I've seen Overeaters Anonymous mentioned on the boards many times. Very best wishes to you! MM
Traci K.
on 2/14/05 7:18 pm - Sullivan, MO
I have days where I'm hungry and days when I'm not. And there have been a few times where I'm starving, almost craving something, but not sure what. So I get something to eat, thinking this is it - and can only take a bite or two and the hunger completely goes away. Very odd. Do you keep track of what you're eating Sherrie? I use the PC version of Fitday.com and know exactly what I take in each day. I purposely try to vary my calories, so I'm not eating the exact same amount each day; but do consistantly get in my required 50 grams of protein plus some additional. So I don't worry if I have a day or two where I eat more, because when I look at calories even on those days, it's still not that high - usually around 1000.
IrishIze
on 2/14/05 10:13 pm - NJ
I too have days when I feel like I just can't get satisfied no matter what I eat. I am finding my pouch holds more, and I've seen a few old behaviors rearing their ugly heads. There are days when I can eat 1/2 can of nuts, and other days that I can't get in two forkfuls of salmon. I am recommitting today - eating healthier and getting in my protein and water, cutting back on the carbs and going back to exercising. I want to lose another 30 lbs. or so, and it ain't gonna happen if I keep on the way I've been going the past few days. Hugs, Nancy -95
MargaretD
on 2/15/05 4:30 am - Nashville, TN
Oh, my appetite has definitely increased. But sometimes I find that I am ravenous, but can't eat anything. I am trying to respond to those feelings by drinking lots of water. Sometimes it works. I have been very bad this past two weeks b/c I have been eating a girl scout cookie a day!! I eat it kind of slow and I get no dumping. Argh! That little bit of sugar is making me want more. I hate wanting more sugar... Margaret 238/142/125
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views