Spicy Foods?

IrishIze
on 2/13/05 8:21 am - NJ
I'm wondering if we're allowed spicy foods? I just made a pot of chili, and I tasted it and man is it HOT!! Has anyone had a problem with spicy foods? Hugs, Nancy -95
Denice W.
on 2/13/05 9:05 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Hi Nancy, i love spicy foods the hotter the better i have no problems with them, i did not like hot stuff before surgery now i can't get it hot enough! Denice
Irene S.
on 2/13/05 9:05 am - NJ
I've been eating spicy foods from the beginning. No problems for me. irene
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/05 11:25 am - Somewhere Else
OMG I LOVE spicy foods, no way I could live without them, I've always been this way. Tonight I had 3 buffalo strips with a hot sauce that was basically straight tobasco sauce, LOL. I tone down my cooking cause my BF hates spicy, but I add tons to my plate! Linda 268/164.5
deeno
on 2/13/05 10:26 pm - Kokomo, IN
I loved spicy (pre WLS). After WLS I've had to tone it down a bit. With time, spicy foods are getting easier to tolerate. Basically, I've had no problems with foods, but I have had a little trouble with hot sauce unless used in moderation. In the past month, I have been getting a little braver with the heated spices, though, and I seem to be OK. My doctor never mentioned any restrictions on spices. I never have checked to see how much sugar there is in hot sauce, though. I wouldn't think it would be too sweet, unless it was BBQ sauce. Diana
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/05 11:09 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have always loved spicy foods, but before surgery, I would have problems in the night with it backing up on me. Now, I can eat spicy foods with abandon, and it is not unusual to see me heading for the tabasco sauce. Pamela -84
jcordell
on 2/14/05 3:30 am - TX
The spicier the better! Oh, you mean FOOD? Hee hee! Jeff -106 (yeah the scale moved!!!)
IrishIze
on 2/14/05 3:47 am - NJ
Well, the spicy chili didn't bother me at all - but the beans!! EEK!! My stomach and intestines were rumbling all night long - I could hardly sleep! I think if I have leftovers tonight, I'll just eat the meat!! Thanks for all your input!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views