Dancing with the Scale

Traci K.
on 2/12/05 8:54 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hello! Admittedly, I'm one who weighs every day - sometimes more than once per day! It doesn't bother me at all, and I like to keep tabs on what my weight is doing. In doing so, I have noticed a pattern; my weight goes up and down throughout the day by about 2 lbs. This is NORMAL, at least for me. I also have noticed that as my weight goes down, my 2 lb 'dance' (as I call those ups and downs) changes numbers (obviously). For example: I've been weighing in at 171 this week - my weight will dance up to as high as 173 and various readings in between. When I lose, the numbers drop. Last night, I hit 169 for the first time!!!! I broke into the 160's!!!!! This is why I like to weigh so often, I can see these breakthroughs as they happen. Because I know my own weight patterns, it doesn't bother me when I see a reading a bit higher; because I know I've still lost. Makes sense? So I've now officially lost 81 lbs with only 22 lbs to go until my goal!! Traci
Danelle72
on 2/13/05 5:43 am - Las Vegas, NV
Just wanted to say I know what ya mean. I have been playing that game for like 3 weeks now. It get so frustrating. Congrats on your loss this week. I know that is a great feeling when you finally see the numbers going back down. Mine went to 164 finally after going up and down to like 168 and down to 165 and then up and down again. I too weight myself alot. I had to stand on the scale like 3 times this morning cause it said 164!!! Woohoo I was so happy. I just need to loss one more little pound and I never have to hear OBESE again. Can't wait. Anyways just wanted to say congrats and you look great. Keep it up!!! Take care.. Danelle
IrishIze
on 2/13/05 6:30 am - NJ
Hi Traci! If you been reading my posts, you know I'm a daily weigher too...shame on me!! Nope, just kidding ~ it's my new vice!! I have been playing up and down with the same pound for a few weeks now - 183 today, 182 tomorrow and each time I reach the 182, I think..."will tomorrow be the day that I finally see that magical number 181???" I'm hoping it will be tomorrow - I don't know why I get my hopes up, but I figure it's got to happen some day, right????? I'll be so happy to break into the 170's. I'll hit the century mark at 177, and was hoping to do that by my b'day, Feb. 19, but I know that's not going to happen. I'll eventually get there, and from reading other people's posts, I know I'm not alone, so there is some comfort in that. Traci, thanks for this post! You're doing awesome - only 22 lbs. to go!! WooHoo!! Hugs, Nancy -95
Marcy B.
on 2/13/05 7:33 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I understand! Right after the surgery I became so obssessed with weighing in every day and so stressed out by whatever it said that my husband just threw the scale away! Several months later, when I thought I could handle it I bought a digital one which sems to read very accurately. I am amazed at the fluctuations that can occur throughout the day, and then how all of a sudden..boom! you can have five pounds off. The scale is a neat little tool, but like everything else in this process learning to usse it properly is a challeng. I was hoping to hit the Century mark by my March 1 50th B' Day but have come to realize that is not likely to happen so I changed my goal a while back to 85lbs, and now I am strking distance from that with several weeks to go. Its not a sprint......its a marathon, we need to keep reminding ourselves. Marcy -83
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views