Hello! I'm new!

Freve
on 2/10/05 6:06 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Everyone, I'm Fran Hansen and I live in North Pole, Alaska, and it's a beautiful day only 6 below zero and snowing! I had an open RNY done on July 9th, by Dr. Searles who is with the Alaska Bariatric Center in Anchorage. I, like many of you lost very quickly, but slowed waaaay down about 6-8 weeks ago. I'm down 99 pounds, but it now takes forever for the scale to move. I'm starting to have munchy attacks, which I try hard to ignore, because I have found unfortunately that my pouch can hold quite a few cheese puffs, but on the plus side, my hair has stopped falling out and is growing back! I had a fairly smooth recovery, but still get this strange pain occasionally that seems to start in the area of my pouch and move up directly below my sternum and spread out to the ribcage. It builds and builds, then just dissapates, I haven't found any one item that I eat or drink that causes it, it often comes out of nowhere, very strange. I've become so very frustrated with the scale, especially when it goes up for a few days! I started exercising 3 weeks ago, 3 times a week, treadmill and weight machines, maybe I'm building muscle! 298/199/170 (would be happy), 150 goal
TJ B.
on 2/10/05 8:44 am - Texarkana, AR
Hello, Welcome to the board. I just topped the 100 mark. 102 as of today. Doesn't that 99 lb mark just make you mad as @#ll. I know just what you mean about the slow down. that is just what I have done too. I have also noticed that although it has not stopped my hair loss has finally slowed down a little. Maybe their is hope yet that I will not be bald. Doesn't that gaining and losing the same 3 lbs for 2 wks just make ya mad. It sure does me. Oh well, as long as eventually it keeps going the right direction. Hopefully the exercise will help you. Keep up the good work. Tj Brown 320/218/160
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 11:05 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Fran and welcome! Sounds to me like you're right on track. Have you asked your doctor about that pain? I hope you have it checked out and that it turns out to be nothing serious. Take care... Linda 268/164.5
deeno
on 2/10/05 10:07 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi Fran Sounds like you're doing the right things, so keep up the good work. I still have another 30-50 to lose (in addition to reconstructive surgery in my future), and it is slow going, too. I've been stuck at -70 for a while now. The scale will move again (and in the correct direction!). I have 5 more pounds to lose to get to my next "mini goal". When those 5 pounds are gone, I will be -100 from my heaviest recorded weight. I'm being patient, but it's hard--like a kid on Christmas trying to fall asleep (BTW, say hi to Santa and the Elves up there at the North Pole). Hope the pain is nothing serious. I had a weird pain for a short period of time --happened when I ate, but it wasn't serious. Then, it went away. Weird. I haven't had that pain now for over 6 weeks or so. I was worried that it was gall bladder, but I think it was nothing. good luck to ya!! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views