Pregnant after surgery?

Allechia W.
on 2/10/05 3:22 am - Bowling Green, KY
Does anyone know what the recommendation is for how long to wait after surgery before planning a pregnancy? Are there any negatives beside weight gain to having a baby after surgery? Thanks! Allechia
threegetts
on 2/10/05 3:59 am - Rio Rancho, NM
My doctor told me 18 months after surgery - not that I'm getting pregnant ever again ! Not to be nosy but, are you thinking about having a baby or has it already happened? I don't know what other negatives there would be to bringing a beautiful baby into the world other than the weight gain..... Good luck whatever you decide! Cindy
Allechia W.
on 2/10/05 6:04 am - Bowling Green, KY
No, I am not pregnant now. I only realized a little while ago that I was in the wrong message board. My surgery is not until 02/23/05. My "significant other" was questioning if I was sure about the surgery and wanted to know if I would be able to have children later on. I am 31 and already have 2 children, ages 8 and 12. I am not sure even outside of the surgery that I want to start all over again to be honest, but I wanted to be able to make him feel comfortable with asking me questions about the surgery and its affect on our lives together. Thanks for the info! Any advise you want to give to someone who has not had the surgery yet? I really didn't realize that my hair would fall out as much as several in this chatroom have indicated...So maybe there are a few more things I should learn from the Veterans!
Deejay
on 2/10/05 6:30 am - Sparks, NV
I was told at least 2 years.
Sue G.
on 2/10/05 4:07 pm - Aurora, NE
There is a board on here somewhere for women who get pregnant after surgery you may want to find it and check it out! ... There is hair loss and some of us have problems with threwing up and constipation. There is also a possiblity of having trouble with your galbladder. Some drs will remove the galbladder at the same time as the WLS. You could also check and see if there are support group meetings in your area and go to one or two of them before your surgery. Normally there are people at these meetings who can give you more info on what you can expect after surgery. It's not all wine and roses but for the most part people feel the good out weighs the bad
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views