1 day shy of 7 months and having gallbladder surgery tomorrow

Jennifier1
on 2/10/05 2:28 am - Weirton, WV
I had terrible pain last week and went to my doctor who had me have an abdominal ultrasound. The test was on Tuesday. The technician said he saw gallstones but I'd have to wait to the "official" report was done. Well, I called my surgeon this morning to see what my options were if the report does say I have gallstones. I didn't even have to wait for him to call me back; they put him on the phone immediately. He scheduled my surgery for tomorrow. I was supposed to be moving to Ohio next Thursday and he says I have to postpone that for 1-2 weeks. I hope the recovery is quick and not very painful. I was so looking forward to finally moving to my new house that my fiance bought us in November. I'm ready to start my new life with him.
jcordell
on 2/10/05 2:55 am - TX
Hang in there Jennifer! You'll be in our thoughts! Best of luck with your surgery and upcoming move! Jeff
Jennifier1
on 2/10/05 11:14 am - Weirton, WV
Thanks, Jeff. I'll update everyone after the surgery.
Gina F
on 2/10/05 3:06 am - Belton, TX
Hey, Jennifer... So sorry that you have stones, but at least you know where the pain is coming from. From what I've heard you'll feel sooooo much better when they take it out. I'm wondering... did your surgeon put you on actigall after surgery to prevent gall stones? I don't know if that's common practice, but I've been on it since week 1. I'm wondering if it will really work, though. Good luck getting this problem handled quickly! Hugz, Gina
Jennifier1
on 2/10/05 11:16 am - Weirton, WV
I was prescribed Actigall twice a day for six months. I had a hard time getting the second one in daily. Many times even the morning one made me nauseated. My fiance took Actigall once a day for a year and never had any problems with his gallbladder so you can guess who got a lecture from him today. Jen
Gina F
on 2/11/05 12:39 am - Belton, TX
I was prescribed at twice a day, but have a tough time doing pills that many times daily. I am doing well to do them once. Last time I asked my surgeon, he said once a day was sufficient. Now I wonder! Hope your surgery goes well today and you can get moving with your move! Hugz, Gina F.
IrishIze
on 2/10/05 4:00 am - NJ
Jennifer, I'm sorry you have to go through gallbladder surgery, but from what I understand, it's not too bad and you'll feel SOOOOO much better afterwards. If you look back a few pages, Elizabeth L, another July baby had gallbladder surgery recently. According to her it really wasn't too bad, so hang in there! I'll be thinking about you and you'll be in my prayers. Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you're able. Hugs, Nancy -95
Jennifier1
on 2/10/05 11:18 am - Weirton, WV
I remember reading about Elizabeth's surgery. I guess I should just count my blessings that I'm having it out while I'm still in NJ and can go to the same surgeon that did my WLS. I'd not want to have to find a totally new doctor that quickly in Ohio. I'll update as soon as I'm able to get to a computer.
Tanja Y
on 2/10/05 6:11 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm glad you and your doc figured out what was causing the pain. Better now then later, right? Hopefully you'll have a quick and easy recovery and get moved into your new place quickly. All this talk of gallstones makes me kinda glad I had my gallbladder taken out during my RNY. ~Tanja -145.5
Jennifier1
on 2/10/05 11:20 am - Weirton, WV
You are right. I'm sure things will go well tomorrow. It just delays my starting my new life by a few days. I think I can handle it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views