Whine, Complain, &%(*%, Kick the cat, etc.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 9:21 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy-- Just play with your menu and exercise regimin. Something is bound to work. I know how frustrating it is! Pamela -84
Irene S.
on 2/11/05 5:12 am - NJ
Nancy, it feels like I wrote your post! I've been on a slow down since the second half of December. I went to my six month check up on 1/24 weighing 228 by my scale and promptly put on about 3.5 lbs. It's moving VERY slowly down again, but still not at that 228 that I was almost 3 weeks ago. The only thing that I can offer you is to hang in there, because at six months we are NOWHERE near being done! We still have a lot of losing left. It WILL pick up again! In the meantime, reflect back on the AWESOME success you've had to date. To illustrate (or compare): I started at 322. I'm now down around 230. I would like to end up weighing 150 which would give me a total loss of 172. The reality is that having "only" lost 92 lbs by six months out, I probably won't make that goal of 150 unless I continue to lose really well for the next 6 - 12 months. When I feel like I'm getting depressed about this, I just talk to myself and remember how far I've come in six months. I often tell myself that when I was 240, I was feeling SOOOOO much better that even if I didn't lose another pound, I was thrilled with what the surgery did for me. I know that you started with a lower weight than I did, but you've lost more than I have. The reality is that you will make your goal, based on how much you've lost already and how much you have left to lose. Just hang in there and keep fighting the good fight! irene
JustHat
on 2/12/05 12:34 pm - NM
((Nancy)) I know how hard it is when the scale stops moving. We get so used to seeing daily changes. And, when the honeymoon is over, we aren't ever really ready. I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better. But, I am fighting for every pound now too. And, often I find myself fighting the same pound over and over. It seems like I have gained two for every three I have lost in the last month. So, I see movement on the scale. But, up is just as frustrating and no movement. I am constantly rethinking everything I do. Should I eat more? Less? More protein? Move water? Why was I able to eat that much? Maybe I should have tried harder duing the honeymoon stage. Am I going nuts? I hope your day off from worrying about every bit was enough to bring your spirits back up. You really are doing fantastic! Hat
Marcy B.
on 2/12/05 4:51 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I am with you girlfriend. Every pound from day one has been a struggle for me. G-d knows how much I still have to lose, and I have averaged only 10lbs per month. I say only 10 as I measure msyelf by other's successes here at the site. But no way in the world would I have had even this amount off without the surgery. I have figured out that my body will do like 6 lbs in a month...the boom- 12 or 14 the next...and so it all seems to even out. I think are bodies are just shocked by all of this and need time to adjust. I guess they are going to do what they do, and control freaks that we are- we just can't control what the scale is going to say at any given time. I have promised myself not to become a slave to the scale and govern my day by what it says but sometimes its just a kneejerk response. One minute I am bummed because the scale isn't moving or as in the case of this week I actually saw a 3lb weight gain. But our weight fluctuates daily so the important thing is also to measure the non scale victories. And, for me there are many of them - nFor the first time in about 8 yrs I can fit in a restaurant booth, and in theatre seats again. I am shopping, cooking cleaning, and running around like a crazy person and it feels good to be able to make up for lost time and do that. But...I have to admit I would love to be able to brag about higher weight losses too, and am not looking forward to that which is obviously a plateau. I guess when it all boils down to it...we are all the same. So hang in there and have pity on the cat!! Marcy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views