Whine, Complain, &%(*%, Kick the cat, etc.....

IrishIze
on 2/9/05 11:13 pm - NJ
OK - I'm so frustrated I can't stand it. I have been doing everything I'm supposed to. I keep my calories under 800, I exercise 30 minutes (usually more) a day (except Fridays), I get in all my water and my weight NEVER CHANGES! I know, I know - I shouldn't be weighing every day, but hey, I've given up drinking, smoking and eating ~ I have to have some vice!! Anyway, when I weighed this morning and once again the scale hadn't moved, I felt like giving up. I came to work and one of the guys bought bagels and for the first time since my surgery, I had a (very well toasted) half of a bagel. I'm not going to keep track of my food on fitday.com today and I'm going to eat when I feel hungry. (within reason - no sugar or junk, just more calories). Probably bad behavior, but for one day I need the break and at least if my weight stays the same there will be a reason for it. The woman I work with says maybe I'm not taking in enough calories especially if I'm exercising - what do you all think? Thanks for listening to this grump of a woman.... Hugs, Nancy -95
Danelle72
on 2/10/05 12:04 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am with ya. I have been getting so upset lately. I have only lost 66 pound and am 6 and a half months out. I am a slow loser. Sometimes I just feel like giving up. I know I have come to far tho. Seems like I hit the 6 month mark and then boom nothing. Maybe we are just taking a break and then it will start going again. Maybe even a little more this time. It's hard when everyone is doing so well and we are stuck. Well you keep up the good work and hang in there. Our bodies have no choice but to lose. It just is taking awhile. You look great. Keep it up. It will happen I have to keep telling myself that too. Danelle M King
deeno
on 2/10/05 1:28 am - Kokomo, IN
yeah....The running joke in my house is when I watch what I eat and I'm very careful and exercise, my weight stays the same....sometimes creeps up. BUT, if I lay around and don't work out, eat at White Castle or some other junk, I wake up 3 pounds less. Sheesh! I want my reward for being good and punishment when I'm bad, not the other way around! I know it's screwy and that I can't eat junk food every day, but when the scale moves, it almost encourages me to do a little experiment, you know? Don't worry, no mad scientist here (yet). But, ugh, give me a freakin' break! Diana
jcordell
on 2/10/05 1:37 am - TX
Hang in there Nancy! You know what's weird when I plateau? I can usually break it by throwing in some carbs one day. The next day, wham-o, the scale drops 1 or 2 pounds. Then I go back to my normal eating. What I mean by carbs would be some fries or tortillas, not sugars (yikes). Crazy, huh? I think sometimes our bodies just need to be shocked! Let us know how it works out for you! Jeff 338/233/188
threegetts
on 2/10/05 3:56 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Nancy, Hang in there! I agree with your friend at work, maybe you aren't getting enough calories in...my doctor told me to work up to 900 - 1200 and never go below 900 again. I know each dr. is different but what they hey! It will give you an excuse to eat the other 100 calories a day if nothing else. I've been on a plateau for about 4 weeks now and it's very frustrating to be doing everything right with no reward on the scale but I have noticed a change in how my clothes are hanging and the tape measure indicates another inch off the waist, so I can't be too grumpy about the scale Hope things move for you soon.... Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 4:40 am - Somewhere Else
Hang in there Nancy. I don't see what's wrong with eating the foods you enjoy when you're hungry, as long as it's in moderation. I eat whatever I want, and I have only had one week since surgery that I didn't lose (knock on wood) so long as everything is in moderation why not enjoy yourself. BTW, I don't exercise either. (anyone wants to flame me, go ahead, I won't listen anyways ) Linda 268/164.5
Gina F
on 2/10/05 5:10 am - Belton, TX
Nancy, Whine away, girlie... it's the right place for it. I personally have a theory... and I have several WLS buddies who agree. I think your body "remembers" certain weights where you stayed for awhile in your past. I was terribly stuck at 201 for 7 loooooong weeks and finally broke out of it a couple weeks ago. The funny thing is I don't think my behavior had anything to do with how long it lasted or the fact that it finally broke. I was 201 or thereabouts for yeeears during college and right after. Made sense to me and others... who knows for sure? Plus you have all the hormonal stuff going on... how long have you actually been without a loss? Big understanding hugz, Gina F.
Deejay
on 2/10/05 6:29 am - Sparks, NV
I'm so with you Nancy! I feel like the slowest loser out there and I do what i'm supposed to! I just finally got back to 179 after getting there last week only to go back to 181 for 5 days. I hate the waiting game, I played it for a year and a half to get approval for this surgery and I'm tired of waiting! Our joke in the house too is if I eat something wrong I lose and when I'm good I don't. Weird. Don't give up, I'm not yet, except on the valentine challenge, thats out the door for me! Hugs, Deejay 257/179/150 -78 29 til goal!
Tara118
on 2/10/05 9:38 am - Trenton, OH
I agree with Jeff!! Throw some carbs in or add some calories. Shock your body and I bet it will make a difference. You have come so far Nancy...don't give up now. {{HUGS}} Tara
Adrienne C.
on 2/10/05 10:04 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Nancy, It sounds to me like you forgot for a split second that you've already lost 95 pounds !!! Hel-looooo, that would be 95 pounds you lost!!!!! How totally wonderful is that? Combine that with giving up smoking as well and I think you've come a very VERY long way on a very hard road in a relatively short amount of time. Try not to be so hard on yourself.....didn't you post recently that you set a goal for yourself to lose 100 pounds by Valentine's Day? That's alot of pressure to put on yourself unnecessarily. I believe you'll get there - maybe not by Monday. Maybe Tuesday! Everyone's entitled to go and have a little pity party with themselves once in awhile. Knock yourself out. Don't stop exercising and don't start smoking but maybe do increase your calories - and up your protein - have some carbs - popcorn, fruit, pasta. Change it up a bit. Your body may think it's being starved on 800 calories and is hanging onto whatever it can. You've done absolutely great in 6 months - you'll get over this hump...just be a little patient. Good luck and happy valentine's day. Adrienne
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views