Will my head catch up??

melissab
on 2/8/05 9:07 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Well I am now 6 1/2 months postop roughly. Went shopping yesterday and am wearing size 9 jeans (made tiny, the way certain trendy type stores make their jeans). Size medium top, smaller if it wasn't for my "chest". The stupid thing is that my head is not keeping up with the changes in my body apparently. I was trying all these clothes on and looking at the mirror to see if I liked them all, and kept seeing my pouch of loose skin on my tummy. My hiney looked flat/wide/huge to me. I am NOT an overly critical person, not critical at all really. I am always easy on myself and absolutely thrilled with the results of this surgery. Yet I was only noticing these things rather than WOW a size "9" at 6 1/2 months postop (started out in plus size 24 pants and size 3-4x tops!). I shouldn't be seeing myself in the mirror this way should I? My goodness I'll likely be a size 5 after skin removal and I still have about another 25lbs on top of this to lose, making me maybe a size 3???????? OMG! I wanted/dreamed/coveted being a size 10 or even 12!!!! I never even wanted to/dared to want to be, smaller than that, and this quick in the journey I am already here! Anyone else having this problem????? Melissa
Tara118
on 2/8/05 10:59 pm - Trenton, OH
I am right there with you. I too am THRILLED with my results so far and I can't remember the last time I weighed this much. I then think...I dind't have all this loose skin before either. I am in a size 16 which is something I can't remember wearing before either. I tried on some pants the other day and they were 16s. When I looked at them I thought "There is no way these will fit me". I tried them on and they were loose. I was thrilled but I too saw the flab under the pants. I hope our minds do catch up to our bodies. I want to start fully enjoying all these wonderful changes. As the old saying goes...We had surgery on our stomach, not on our head. Tara 305/197/170 -108
GailD
on 2/9/05 2:28 am - Racine, WI
I'm right there with you, Melissa. I'm now comfortably in a size 12 -- haven't worn a 12 for a looonnnnggg time...and still, whenever I try on clothes or see photos, all I see is how poochy my stomach is...or how wide my rear-end is!!! What's with that? I'm thrilled at my weight loss after 6 months and can't wait to see where I end up (anything after this is just "extra" in my mind), and yet I still feel FAT FAT FAT!! Gail D. 252/170/? -82
Denice W.
on 2/9/05 7:07 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
I was wondering if i was the only one who felt this way! I went shopping yesterday and got alot of good bargains, brought them home and hated it all on me! I know i am pmsing but this is the first time i have brought clothes since surgery, i have a friend who is dieting and is down one size ahead of me so she has been giving me all her clothes they range in size from 13 to 16 i fit in them all 16s are getting to baggy she says anyway. So when i went shopping i brought size 14 to 12s and i hated them all! all i could see was my flab of skin! They all were strech jeans so not sure if that is the problem as the jeans my friend gave me were not stretch jeans so maybe they hold it in some? Well anyway i will be taking them all back! Anyone have a problem with the legs being to baggy and the stomach tight or just fitting? Denice
hockeyhottie
on 2/10/05 4:30 am - Madison Heights, MI
I am having the baggy legs, tight tummy syndrome! Kinda discouraging but I have found tha low rise jeans are more comfortable--I have the tummy/jelly roll around the middle so if I am wearing something real form fitting on top or tucking in, sometimes I wear one of those bra/girdle combos that seems to smooth out that roll. Just my experience--hope it helps someone. Smiles, Mel
MinnieMia
on 2/9/05 9:10 pm - SC
I am struggling so so much with this. (See the 2/9/05 rant on my profile!)I'm hoping the psychologist I'm going to see today will help me figure out how to see reality!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views