Drinking while eating - do you?

Traci K.
on 2/7/05 8:34 pm - Sullivan, MO
I will confess that I do. I have tried not to, but I always choke and my mouth is so dry! Without something liquid to get the food down, it seems so heavy in my pouch and then I throw up. So I do sip while I eat. I do understand the reasoning behind it, that it washes through the food and it will make us hungry again sooner and we'll eat to much. So far I'm doing very well, and am not hungry all day or pigging out. I purposely eat at least one snack per day, or else I can't get in all my protein - but not because I'm starving. Anyone else drink while they eat?
Julie 22
on 2/7/05 8:44 pm - NC
Hey Traci! I am like you. My mouth gets so dry when I am eating, that I have to sip on something too. Like you, I know why we shouldn't, but I eat my 3 meals a day plus 1-2 protein drinks a day & I am rarely hungry. I don't think that it has hurt me. All of my bloodwork has been perfect since surgery & the longest that I have gone without losing anything was only for 3 weeks. I just try to make sure that all I do is sip & I use a small kids cup when I fix a drink with my meals. Have a great day. Julie -86
Danelle72
on 2/7/05 11:48 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hello There, I am guilty as charged. I have to drink also. I would never be able to eat if I dodn't drink. That's my only bad habit really. They can't take everything away from us. LOL Well you guys take care and keep up the good work. I have been stuck for like 2 weeks. I am like one pound away from never hearing the words OBESE again. Just one little lowsey pound!! My body knows this too and is being mean to me. LOL Keep losing all and congrats on your victory!!! Danelle King By the way you guys are doing great.
deeno
on 2/8/05 12:37 am - Kokomo, IN
Yeah, I drink and eat at the same time. I'm rarely hungry when I eat--I eat because I need to and because I enjoy eating, too (if I didn't like eating, I probably wouldn't eat more than one small meal a day) --but I don't graze all day (thank goodness for that small miracle!). I don't feel that I can eat more when I drink while eating--it seems that I can eat less actually. Also, I don't seem to want to eat more or less throughout the day if I've drank while I've ate. If I don't drink when I eat, I just feel really really thirsty. I don't get that "heavy" feeling in my pouch or any nausea. I just feel "parched" to the point that I'm denying myself water if I don't just allow myself to drink it. I would guess that I drink anywhere from 6 to 12 ounces with a meal or shortly after eating (10 minutes or so). I feel that drinkning water while eating slows me down, and might even encourage me to eat less with my meal. Knowing that there are others out there who do this makes me feel less guilty. Good post question!! Diana **mysteriously lost 3 pounds overnight, back down to 210 (yippee!!)
IrishIze
on 2/8/05 12:51 am - NJ
I would have to say that 98% of the time I don't eat and drink at the same time. There have been times that I have, if I've been eating something particularly dry; but for the most part, I try and give it 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after. My feelings are that people should do whatever works for them. Hugs, Nancy -95
Sherri_B
on 2/8/05 3:12 am - washington, MO
I do as well . i am never hungry i have to make myself eat usually . on occasion i dont east and drink but for the most part i do ...
Deejay
on 2/8/05 6:15 am - Sparks, NV
I started sipping with meals about 2 months out, I couldn't stand it anymore not to and it made me dump every time. Still does if I ever try it, so I just don't do it anymore. I usually wait about 15 minutes and then I'm ok to drink some. Deejay 257/180/150 -77
Denice W.
on 2/8/05 9:32 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Wow maybe i'm the only one that follows this! I don't do everything as i should but i have been able to get the nack of this! Now i feel so alone!!!!
ileanak
on 2/8/05 9:06 pm - San Antonio, TX
Don't feel alone Denice, I don't drink either. I am not perfect, by any means... but I do stay away from a drink for 30 minutes after I eat. But I stare at the glass like I was in a desert~ ileana 282/199/150
joniliz2
on 2/8/05 11:26 pm - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I know lots of people that drink while they eat. I do not...its about the only thing I am still perfect on these days! The idea is not to push things through the pouch. I do notice if I drink a lot in the hrs before a meal...that I am not at all thirsty when I eat. I dont think drinking a little while eating will harm anyone. I am having a hard time with my grazing coming back...and it scares me! I really need to work on that! Joanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views