7 mo. update....

lsutiger80
on 2/7/05 12:37 pm - Metairie, LA
My dear July babies, So sorry I haven't written much lately but things have been hectic. Tomorrow is Mardi Gras so I have to get back to all my preparations. I went to 3 parades on Sunday and stood with the kids in tow for over 7 hours to catch trinkets and beads. There would have been no way I could have done an hour of that 7 months ago. I may be sat in a lawn chair about 30-40 minutes (not continuously) that whole time. I thought for sure I would be paying the price for that today but not a sore muscle, backache, nothing. Today, is my 7 month anniversary and I am down 87 pounds. My starting weight was 225 and I weighed in at 138 this morning. I couldn't be happier about this. My surgeon's goal weight for me is 110 (I'm only 5 feet tall), but I think 118-125 is more realistic for me. I am 46 years old and have given birth to 4 children (whi*****ludes a set of twins!) so I know that certain things aren't going to ever go back to the way they once were. On my 6 month check-up I was able to ask about my "unusual" DS plumbing since the gastro doc said he had never seen a DS like mine. The explanation is that since I had to have a second surgery due to the scar tissue blockage that occurred a few weeks after my original surgery, my surgeon created another "opening" when he redid the surgery. As luck would have it, the blockage eventually cleared itself up and "reopened". If we had waited long enough this would have prevented me from having the 2nd surgery. But, there would have been no way to know if or when that could have happened. So, when the scoping and dialation was done in December, the gastro doc was surprised to find "extra" opening with the scope. The original opening (now that I have two), doesn't hinder or enhance the surgery itself. It's not a "blind loop" to worry about according to my surgeon, just a bit odd but shouldn't pose any problems or complications in the future. Each day I feel better and better. The protonix is a big help with the nausea and ulcers. I still have to eat slower than I sometimes do. I probably do not get in enough fluids as I should but I try each day to do a better job. The weight loss has definately slowed down but still going down. Hit a 3 week plateau after my 6 mo. check up but doing okay now. I want to thank everyone here for all their support and concern. I still read all the posts because I always learn for everyone on here. Even those that disagree with the decision to have a DS. My sister lives in AZ and asked me today to help her research and guide her with pursuing a DS for herself. I will be relying on my dear friends here to help her in her journey. So, any one with info for a WLS-friendly PCP in the Phoenix/Mesa area please let me know. She has UHC HMO and needs all the help she can get in trying to go out of network/area and a PCP that will recommend WLS (more specifically DS). I promise to try and get an updated picture soon. I was hoping to do that at the century mark so I only have 13 more pounds to go. I cherish all of you for your friendship and support. Rhonda DS on 7/7/04 225/138/110??
bunnymorris
on 2/7/05 5:59 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Rhonda, congratulations on the weight loss! Totally awesome! I can't comment on the DS (sorry not sure what that involves). Guess I figure that is your decision and not my business. Just here to support you and any decisions you make on your behalf for health! Looking forward to a new picture. It is also nice to have those WLS moments! Sometimes it is the little things that mean a lot. We were being silly at school and wore crazy shoes and socks. I kicked my leg up so someone could see my crazy slippers i was wearing. I suddenly realized I hadn't kicked my leg up in years. I can now! I'll show those college cheerleaders a thing or two! Well, maybe not! Keep in there! Bunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views