Soda, Pop, Cola...

AngelFlyingHappy
on 2/8/05 12:58 pm - Oxnard, CA
Nancy: This is my surgeon's analogy......pour some soda in a ziploc and seal it....thats what it does to your pouch. Michelle -116
Marcy B.
on 2/9/05 4:54 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I too thought I would have a problem not drinking diet soda, since I used to drink several glasses every day. My doctor said if I let it go flat, then I could drink it- ( that was in the early days post op). But I found a nice treat which he told me is OK at 7-11 they have diet Pepsi Slurpees they have the cola/soda flavor but not the fizz. It tastes good especially on a hot summer day. They have also begun to make Crystal lite Slurpees too. But the neatest thing I just found are the single serving sizes of Crystal light which you can carry with you and add to water when you are out. I do that since plain water seems to hurt in my pouch ( which seems weird, but it does). So one packet will do for 2 glasses of water As much as I would like to be able to eat and drink at the same time I cannot. Sometimes a quick sip, but thats about it. First I have to get my food in, and even 10 or 15 minutes later I drink something. I need the fluids more than I thought I did, so I definitely have to make this a priority. I don't think I could even drink enough in diet pop to get all the fluids in I need. Some studies show that the people with the most regain statistically are the ones who also went back to drinking diet soda on a regular basis. No scientific proof that it does anything...just statistics....I figure its been so hard to lose any weight to begin with that..this is one area I can try to control. -79 Marcy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views