coloring hair ?????

Sherri_B
on 2/5/05 3:16 am - washington, MO
OK i AM WANTING TO GET MY HAIR CUT AND HIGHLIGHTED , BUT i didnt know if it was safe to get the color . i am 7 days away from 7 months out . i am still losing hair but not as much .. anyone get there hair highlighted ... what do you all think .. is it ok i just dont want to go in w/ hair and come out bald
IrishIze
on 2/5/05 3:27 am - NJ
I've colored my hair 2x since surgery and didn't see any problems. I'm still losing hair, but it seems to be slowing down. Hugs, Nancy -95
Irene S.
on 2/5/05 5:51 am - NJ
It will have no effect on your hair loss whatsoever. BUT!!!! You will look FANTASTIC with a new color and style because it will make your loss less noticeable. I think people are so taken with the change that they no longer notice the thinning and the way the old style just doesn't "look right" compared to how it looked before thinning. irene
Tara118
on 2/5/05 9:22 am - Trenton, OH
I have colored a couple of tims since surgery. Most recently about 2 eeks ago. I am also still loosing some hair but not nearly as much as I use to. Go have fun and take some pics for us to see!! Tara 305/200/170 -105
Debra O.
on 2/5/05 1:58 pm - Chino, CA
I color my hair every 5 weeks, and I've had it highlighted twice since surgery. I didnt know we werent supposed to. ~Debra
MargaretD
on 2/6/05 11:23 pm - Nashville, TN
I have had mine colored twice since surgery also. I have had no problems...it did not stop or accelerate my hair loss. I, too, have slowed down a lot in the hair loss arena and am quite happy about it!! If you get your hair cut a little shorter (I now have a "long" bob), I think you notice any hair loss a lot less b/c there is no weight pulling your hair down. If you come out bald, it is not b/c of the surgery rather b/c of your stylist. I will hope for the best. Margaret
jcordell
on 2/7/05 12:54 am - TX
Wow, I guess I'm lucky to be a guy! I got sick of my thin hair falling out, so I just shaved (well, not Mr. Clean but pretty close) my head! If you wanna see a pic of the bald me, you can check my profile! Hee Hee!!! Jeff
Shrinking-Violet
on 2/7/05 3:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Woo Jeff! You look SOOOO good with the short hair Makes you look a lot younger too. I like it a lot. I just colored my hair on Sunday using a store-bought kit and everything came out just fine. Still losing hair, but it appears that it might have slowed down a wee bit. -Angela 229/162/135
Tracey L.
on 2/15/05 3:31 am - Concord, CA
Hey Sherri, I've been regularly coloring all over since surgery 7/30/04 - didn't seem to change the hair loss. Last month I had highlights and a new short hair cut, which I never would of done pre weight loss. Now I'm sporting a new "do" and a sassy attitude. Everyone loves it. It did wonders for my attitude, kinda like my own extreme makeover..lol! GO FOR IT. Change is wonderful. I kinda of feel like I need to experiment with colors, style etc, with hair makeup and clothes, now that I'm so different. It's so fun!!!!! All the best, Tracey in SF 356/278/one day at a time
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views