Update...

Shoshi
on 2/4/05 1:38 am - Vernon Hills, IL
Second posting...I was the woman who was posting feelings of inadequacy about the surgery and just general depression. So, to update.... I am feeling better and happier about most of the things relating to surgery. Was it counseling, the supplement of SAM-e (which was recommended by the surgeon's nurse for help with depression and lack of sleep), or just calming my feelings...I just don't know. But I AM feeling better about the whole situation. I still have days that I just want to scream and wish I could scrap the entire surgery, but on the whole, I feel better emotionally. There is, however, a foul-up with my insurance company and they are not allowing me to see my surgeon for follow-up and they have decided not to pay for the surgery, but I am FIGHTING them tooth and nail. (At this point I am speaking directly to a VP at Humana...and we shall see what we shall see.) This meant that I could not go for my six-month follow-up with the good surgeon. However, my PCP and surgeon are in the same facility, so at least I could get blood work and all of that seems to be fine. I did swallow my pride and got on a scale at the PCP's office and am proud, and a tad elated, that I have lost 76 pounds in six and a half months. I have no idea how many inches, but I do know that I was in a tight 32 and am now almost comfortable in a 22 pants. I think that overwhelming realization that I could 1) step onto the scale and have it read my weight and 2) that I have lost the weight of one of my students, is was what made me feel a bit more comfortable (and dazed). Thanks for listening.
deeno
on 2/4/05 5:20 am - Kokomo, IN
Great news! Congrats on your weight loss, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Diana
Traci K.
on 2/4/05 6:26 am - Sullivan, MO
I'm so glad you're feeling better!!!!! Congrats on the weight loss. I'll be praying that things get worked out with your insurance company. Traci
IrishIze
on 2/4/05 8:09 am - NJ
Hi Michelle! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better about your surgery and not feeling so down. I think we all have second-guessed ourselves at one point or another, but on the whole, it seems we are feeling pretty good about our decision. Thanks for the update, and hey, don't be a stranger!! Hugs, Nancy -94
JustHat
on 2/4/05 8:02 pm - NM
Michelle, good to hear from you. I sounds like you have been dealing with the good, the bad and the ugly. It doesn't get any uglier than insurance companies. Thank goodness your feeling better. And, congrats on all of your accomplishments. You are doing really great. Hat
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views