My 6 mo lab results

Traci K.
on 2/3/05 3:24 am - Sullivan, MO
Talked with Patty at Dr. Richardson's today and she said overall, they're very good. Just a couple things: 1. My ALT/AST (which are for the liver) are still high. She brought it to Dr. R. who said that while they're still high, they're lower than before surgery. So that's improvement. We're watching those. 2. My zinc is borderline low - so I need to add that. Actually, Patty recommended that I take a supplement called "Hair, Skin & Nails". Low zinc can also lead to hair loss. 3. She also said that even though I'm getting enough protein, according to Dr. R.s regimine, that I should increase my protein and doing so would not at all hurt me. She said increasing my protein and taking the zinc would probably stop the hair loss. So overall, I'm doing very well, just those few things that they're watching or I need to supplement a little more. She said I only need to take: 1 multivitamin, 1 calcium citrate and 1 zinc/Hair Skin and Nails supplement each day. Traci
Irene S.
on 2/3/05 8:58 am - NJ
It sounds like everything is under control, Traci. I had my six month followup last week and expect to get my lab results soon. irene
Lalocaweta
on 2/3/05 11:22 am - Spicewood, TX
I am anxiously waiting for mine....He told me when he saw me last week that he could tell by appearance and what I shared with him - that I was anemic...(Very pale, tired ALL the time, cold all the time, and eating ice all the time.) He called me today, but when I tried to return the call he was unavailable for the rest of the day due to an emergency. (This is nOT my surgeon - but my primary care physician.) So - now until tomorrow I am going to stress over this. I am willing to bet I have lots of off kilter things... A
IrishIze
on 2/3/05 9:01 pm - NJ
Well, Traci, on the whole it sounds like you're doing pretty well. I had some liver problems too, but it seems to have resolved itself. I have my six month coming up soon. All of my checks are pushed back because I had a stricture and an ulcer around week four. I have my blood drawn on Feb. 19 and my surgeon visit on March 2. I'm hoping to get off of my Actigall. Hope things continue to go well for you! Hugs, Nancy -94
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views