New wls journal & a question

Shrinking-Violet
on 2/3/05 3:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi everyone I know we aren't supposed to "advertise", so I won't post a direct link here. But, I wanted to announce that I created a new website for my wls journal. My old one, Life in the Fat Lane, had gotten out to a bunch of people at work. People I hardly even knew! Basically, someone told someone else, and it spread like wild fire. I was really upset because I made the decision a long time ago not to tell anyone that I work with about the surgery. Obviously, they know I'm losing weight- they just don't know HOW ;) I explain a little more about why I moved the journal in my most recent post. To see it click on my name above to get to my profile, and then follow the link to my journal. Just out of curiousity, how many people decided NOT to tell the people they work with about their surgery? If you did decide to tell, are you glad that you did? For me, I decided not to because I didn't want the negative backlash to always be hanging over my head. People like to gossip, and they especially like to criticize. Especially when it comes to weight and weight loss :/ Angela 229/162/135
IrishIze
on 2/3/05 7:08 am - NJ
Hi Angela. I haven't told the people I work with, because I didn't want to be the subject at the coffee station every morning. I also felt like people would be watching me like a hawk to see if I started to gain again....who needs it?!?!? I have really only told my close family and three friends - no one else. I wouldn't discuss most of my medical history with people, so I see no reason to share this. When people ask me what I'm doing I tell them the truth: no sugar, high protein, low carbs, lots of water and exercise. Now I'm off to look at your journal! Hugs, Nancy -93
IrishIze
on 2/3/05 7:16 am - NJ
Angela - your website is just FAB (to borrow a phrase from the 60s )!!! Really - it's just adorable. I love your photos - boy, you can really see how much happier you look now....don't we all!! You are doing great, and you look beautiful!! Lots of wishes for continued success!! Hugs, Nancy -93
CAROL H.
on 2/3/05 8:58 pm - FAIRBORN, OH
You asked if we decided to tell our co-workers about the surgery. I did, and so many people were excited for me. I still have a little fan club. As a matter of fact, one lady is having me go speak to her husband and daughter about the surgery. I don't know what type of environment that you work in, but I would be very sad if I had to worry about what my co-workers thought. Mine have been very supportive.
us2bfat C.
on 2/5/05 8:06 pm - selden, NY
ang you look great....... keep up the good work we were almost the same weight to start out with yea for us this surgery is a wonderful tool best of luck to you oh and by the way cute web page,,,,,,, Stacy 232/147/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views