RISK..

Tara118
on 2/2/05 10:14 am - Trenton, OH
I was talking to a family member at the nursing home I work at. I was talking about changing jobs and wondering if I am taking the right risk. He proceeded to take this poem out of his billfold to give to me. I thought you all would appreciate it. RISK -To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. -To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. -To reach out for another is to risk involvment. -To expose feelings is to risk rejection. -To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule. -To love is to risk not being loved in return. -To go forward in the face of overwhelming odds is to risk failure. -But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risk nothing, has nothing, is nothing. -He may avoid suffering and sorrow but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave. He has forfeited his freedom. -Only a person who dares to risk is free.
IrishIze
on 2/2/05 9:51 pm - NJ
Well, that's certainly a keeper. As an obese person I was afraid of ridicule, afraid of rejection, and definitely afraid of not being loved in return. I am finding now that as I am opening up, so is my world. Thanks for the message, Tara. Hugs, Nancy -93
Irene S.
on 2/3/05 9:00 am - NJ
Thanks for posting this, Tara. I'm going to save it and refer to it often! irene
Ilva K.
on 2/6/05 5:46 am - NYC, NY
thank you i want to change my job aswell and this came in handy thank you thank you
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views