Remember that first week?

JustHat
on 1/31/05 12:34 pm - NM
Weren't those big loss weeks and days great. I was asked the other day what people lose thier first week and month. I could go through all of your profiles and see what you have posted. But, if you could take a minute and let me know, it would make my life easier. TIA Pounds gained in the hospital- Pounds lost the first week (not including the weight gained in the hospital)- Pounds lost the first month- And, do you consider yourself a fast loser?
JustHat
on 1/31/05 12:54 pm - NM
Pounds gained in the hospital- 9 pounds Pounds lost the first week (not including the weight gained in the hospital)- 7.5 pounds Pounds lost the first month- 29 pounds And, do you consider yourself a fast loser? Fast
Debra O.
on 1/31/05 2:14 pm - Chino, CA
Pounds gained in the hospital- 0...I lost 5lbs in the hospital Pounds lost the first week -3 Pounds lost the first month-20 And, do you consider yourself a fast loser? the first 3 months i was a fast loser. I lost 20lbs each of those months...its slowed down considerable since then ~Debra
JustHat
on 1/31/05 2:34 pm - NM
OK so now I can think a little more clearly, I should word this better. My friend says she lost 30 pounds her first week. She is wondering if that means really good things are going to come her way. Unfortunately, she is looking for the quick fix, big lose, perfect body, no exercise, no lifestyle changes. But, given her start, it reenforces her belief that she doesn't have to make any changes. Hat
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/05 10:09 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Pounds gained in the hospital-5 lbs Pounds lost the first week (not including the weight gained in the hospital)-6 lbs Pounds lost the first month-13 lbs And, do you consider yourself a fast loser? Slow loser, but consistently 10 a month (except this month ) Pamela 352/271/200 "content" goal
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/31/05 10:30 pm - Oxnard, CA
I gained 12 pounds in the hosptial.......lost that plus 18 more the first week. I think I lost about 28 pounds my first month. I guess I'm considered a fast loser. I just try to do everything right. My weight loss has been less this month but still consistent. One small two week plateau. I'm very happy though. Michelle -111
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 2:18 am - Somewhere Else
You're right, everything is on the profile, but my numbers aren't in the same timeline... Pounds gained in the hospital-ummm 0 Pounds lost the first week- 12 Pounds lost the first month- well I weighed at 2 weeks - 20 pounds...and again at 6 weeks + 5 days-38 pounds And, do you consider yourself a fast loser? I think so, fast enough for me anyways, 101.5 pounds in 29 weeks is nothing to sneeze at This post kinda worries me though, I'm afraid it's just one more thing for people to use to compare themselves to others, and I sure hope they don't do that, we all lose at different paces for different reasons. It bothers me to see people worry about so-called *slow* losses...slow is not always a bad thing, they say the slower you lose, the better chance of it staying gone, so isn't that good???? Anyhow, I think my losses are right on target Have a great day all! Linda 268/166.5
JustHat
on 2/1/05 12:41 pm - NM
I think it is safe to say that everything posted is grounds for comparison. Valentine's Day challenge (which I am failing badly), Sunday weigh ins, sigs that include our weights, goal announcements, food posts and relationship posts are all things that can make someone fell good/bad about themselves. But, I didn't know how else to ask the question. Maybe "consistant" loser would have been a better way to word it. BTW, I can either feel lucky because I lost faster than I thought I would or pissed off that I have had so many complications and was sick for so many months. It's all in how you look at it. There are two sides to everything. Thanks for the feedback, Hat
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 9:36 pm - Somewhere Else
Sorry Hat, I didn't mean any offense. Linda
JustHat
on 2/2/05 6:28 am - NM
None taken. I know what you meant. Hat
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views