Water Facts

IrishIze
on 1/29/05 11:06 pm - NJ
I was just on Bruce Underwood's website (www.) thinnerself.com and found this information on water that I found really interesting: Water Facts: 1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. 2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. 3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%. 4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study. 5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. 6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. 7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page. 8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. That sure makes me want to put a lot more effort into getting my water in! There was also a section that said if you are losing weight, you should drink even more than the 64 oz. I think I'm going to try and get in another 8 oz. every day. Hugs, Nancy -93
dana W.
on 1/29/05 11:39 pm - fort worth, tx
Thanks nancy, thats good info to know u know we always have know we shld drink water most of us just dont like to,, and our bodies dont seems to be asking for water so why give i****er when were not thristy. thats where i'm confusing ,, is giving your body water when u'r not thristy the same as feeding it if u're not hungry? dont get me wrg i know i need it and i'll try to drink more water and again thanks for the lesson love dana
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/30/05 11:38 pm - Oxnard, CA
Nancy: I shoot for 100 ounces of water a day, dont always make it but the weeks I'm really good at it, I lose more thats for sure!!
jcordell
on 1/31/05 1:11 am - TX
Hmmm, very interesting! Guess I should become a water-a-holic! Thx for the info Nancy! Jeff -105
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/05 8:21 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Cold water is also supposed to be better than room temp water, because your body has to warm it up before it can "process it" which burns extra calories. Of course, none of that really matters, because I am so HORRIBLE about getting in my liquids. I should probably focus on one drop at a time... Pamela -81
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views