Tell your clothing stories here!

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 10:57 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Ok...I just HAD to share my excitement of yesterday. For starters, I bought two Old Navy t-shirts off of ebay, in a size 2X. Old Navy sizes, according to their charts on their website, run smaller than the average shirt. BUT THEY FIT! Okay, a bit snug, but I can wear them in public (but I'll wait a few more pounds anyway). Yesterday I was getting dressed, and I had put on my regular size 26 jeans. "Well," I thought, taking them off. "I might as well try on my other jeans before I get my shoes on." So I put on the jeans that have been hanging out in my closet since the last time I reached this weight (2002, after 2 years of strict dieting...and I could only fit into them for a couple of months), and THEY FIT. They are the Just My Size 22/24 button up jeans, and I could button and zip them without having to lie down on the bed. THEN, I went to Fashion Bug. I wanted to pick up another pair of exercise pants. I also found a shirt for $3 (what a great sale they have going on!) in a size 22/24, and I figured it would at least fit later this summer (it's a spring/summer shirt), but nope...it fits right now. I HAD to buy it. My new gym pants are also a size 22/24. Now, I know this isn't a REALLY big deal for most of you. Some of you maybe started in a 22/24 and are in your size 10s or 16s. But for me, I could barely squeeze into a size 30/32, and there was NO WAY that I would fit into a pair of jeans. I couldn't find clothes to fit, and there was NOTHING that fit well. So getting into this 22/24 has really made my weekend. If YOU have any tales from the dressing room to share, post them here. Let's share our exciting clothing stories, because even if the scale doesn't move, our clothes tell another tale. Pamela -81
Sherri_B
on 1/29/05 11:10 pm - washington, MO
First off girl this is awesome . and no matter what size we start at this is the best feeling in the world to know you have accomplished something . My favorite stories are . one when i was christmas shopping and i wasnt sure what size to grab all i knew was i wanted to try to get away from plus size section . i took a med shirt from (not plus size ) witxch was my first shock . and then i tried on a couple pairs of jeans . size 16 i think . and they went up no problem . i cried in the dressing room and thanked GOD it was amazing . My second moment was trying on a pair of jeans i had bought at a garage sale last summer just hoping one day i would fit . they are BONGO witch i am told run big and they must . they are a size 11 and i had to jump in em but i got them up zipped and buttoned and i felt as if i was on top of world .. And even though that is the only 11 i fit in i have made Bongo my favorite jeans i am not sure what size i am at this point i can wear some 16, some13, some 11, but one thing i do know is i for the first time in years feel like a person and no matter what size we all start at enjoy those celebrations each size we loose we have accomplished what we set out to do ...
Lisa M.
on 1/30/05 12:43 am - Holbrook, NY
I am happy for both of you and I am glad. I actually have been staring at this dress in dress barn for a long time and it is a New Year or Xmas party dress. Spaghetti straps, form long straight fighting gown with gold and stuff. I went the other day because i was feeling down and i just had to try it on. They only had it in size 10. I knew it wasnt going to fit, but i tried anyway to make me feel better. Well, I put it on and got it zipped up to the middle of the back. It felt good and looked good. If I didnt have such big boobs, it might have fit. As far as jeans go, I am happy everytime i put on a pair of 10's and they fit. Stretch of course. If they are not stretch, i fit into a size 12 or 14, depending on the cut. I guess the tops are a large or xtra large because of my chest, but i guess i should be glad that i havent lost much of them. I was a 42-44DDD and now am a 38DDD. But i guess as much as i look into the mirror and still see 250lbs(were i started) I should be happy that i hit 164lbs. I want to lose 50 more. But we should all commend ourselves. OH, by the way, someone actually called me a big woman and didnt make me feel too good. IF anyone wants to see a new picture of me from the other day, i will send it.
Marcy B.
on 1/30/05 9:11 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Congrats to all of us. And Pam- once again, I can totally relate to your situation. When I started this adventure.. I wearing 5X pants ( one size fits JAPAN!!!) and busting out at the seams. That meant that I was wearing size 34 dresses, pants, skirts.. and hating every minute of it. Not only couldn't I go into a regular store, but I couldn't even wear anything at Lane Bryant ( unless I ordered a horse blanket from their catalogue). So the only place I could shop was Catherines. Now don't get me wrong, they have nice designer stuff, but, it was expensive, and I was always just grabbing the largest size on the rack whether I liked it or not. Since losing the weight, obviously my clothes are getting big on me but I didn't realize how big until the other day when I was late for a business meeting for which I had to dress up. I grabbed a beautiful pants suit from the closet, knowing full well that it would be big in the pants and tush, but I figured I would just deal with it. This size 32 pants FELL off of me!!! Seriously- I couldn't get them to stay up- so I opted for something a little more casual in my closet. Wooly nightgowns 3X from K'Mart last year that I couldn't get into are nice and comfy. Unmentionables... instead of grabbing pinching and biting me everywhere are very roomy. I went to Catherines the other day to buy pants---nothing there fit because EVERYTHING was WAY too big. But the BEST...isn't just being able to fit into 24s and 26- it was when I was able to put on my daughters size 26 zip up jean skirt on and it fit me. Even she couldn't believe it and was bragging about it to friends today. ( She is 22- was afraid of the surgery- and has lost almost 80lbs in a year- she is wearing 20's or 22, and 18 in some tops..so now I wear her cast offs. She didn't love the idea of my surgery but supported me through it. So glad to have her notice now, and brag to friends!! Isn't this stuff the best??
Tara118
on 1/30/05 9:03 am - Trenton, OH
Pam, I am so proud of you!! You have seemed so down lately and I am so glad things are moving for you!! (I see a couple more pounds subtracted under your name too!) You are doing well!! Keep it up!! Tara -105
us2bfat C.
on 1/30/05 9:59 pm - selden, NY
ok i got a great cloting story i go to the local good will where they have a special tag all week long and depending on the color tag the clothes with that color tag is half price soooo on the weekend whatever they didnt get rid of at 1/2 price is now 99 cents...ok so i go in on saturday morning and grab the first two pants i tried them on and they both fit.... ok but heres the kicker one was a size 3/4 and one was a size 4 now i dont normally fit into a 4 or a 3/4 but thats what they say so im sticking to it...... most pants that i buy are 7/8's most misses clothes are too big depending on the cut.... i am quite happy shopping for clothes these days i also wear mostly stretch jeans which i find fit more comfortable... i have abslolutley no hips so i guess thats why most pants are smaller who knows ill take it whatever it is oh and on my profile those leather pants im wearing are a size 4 woooo hooooo im likeing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh so needless to say i bought a pair of express jeans and calvin kleins and a sweater for 3 bucks they all look brand new !!!!!!! Stacy 232/147/140
Shoshi
on 1/30/05 10:59 pm - Vernon Hills, IL
I know your feelings! I keep pinching myself when I fit into the 22/24 myself. ( It seems you and I started the same size in clothing.) I just bought a pair of size 22 pants...and they fit....nicely! I keep shaking my head when I go to pick up clothes and I realize they are too big....
jcordell
on 1/31/05 12:28 am - TX
Let's see, at my heaviest I wore size 52 (though I needed 54) waist pants, and 20 dress shirt or 3x or 4x casual shirt. Now I am in 42 waist pants, 17 dress shirt and L or XL casual shirt. I have donated over 150 articles of clothing (over $4k in suits alone), and still have a closet full of stuff that is too big, but I keep wearing it just because I can't part with it. My employees are always giving me a hard time about my baggy shirts and asking me where my butt is in my baggy pants. I'm hesitant to buy too much stuff, because *hopefully* I'll lose some more weight! You guys are all doing awesome! Keep up the great work!! Jeff -105
kberkihiser
on 1/31/05 4:08 am - Lancaster, PA
I certainly know the feeling, Today I went to Fashion Bug to pay my CC bill and they do have a great sale and now and I got all the way back to the PJs without picking anything up! Well, I have this weakness for PJs, so I bought 2 pairs of pajama pants, I spent a whole bunch of time searching the plus size rack for 14/16 pajama pants and I was getting very frustrated, when I realized the SMALLEST size on that rack was 18/20..... I was at the wrong rack!!! I found 2 prs of pajama pants (about $5.00 each) and 3 pj tops! All on the regualr size racks! HOW WIERD! The other day in BJs I was poking through the jeans figuring nothing would ever fit (BJs does not carry much in the plus sizes in anything) I found a pair of Levi boot cut jeans (womens) in size 18 and I bought them figuring they may fit eventually, well, they fit! I know levi's run a little small so I was thrilled. I also after Christmas bought a pair of pajama pants in Aeropostale (where my 13 yr old size 6 daughter shops) in extra large, and a pair at Old Navy in a LARGE. Needless to say, although I still look in the mirror and see all I have left to go yet, I get thrilled everytime I put on clothing in NORMAL sizes that fits! I gave up on being this size years ago. Inf fact, I weigh less now than I did when I got pregnant with my 13 yr old daughter at age 18. I, like some of you, wont ever be a 5/6 or even 7/8 at my thinnest. As a senior in high school I was my thinnest at 155, and wore size 10, 11, and 12. So for me to be a size 16/18 means I am getting close to where I was when I was a teenager. When I had no fat! I am thrilled. We just booked a trip for Disney and December, the last time we went I weighed 306 pounds and it was a struggle just to walk around after the first day, I am so looking forward to this years trip as the new me, and unlike the last trip, you will see me in tons of pictures, not just 3 like last time. I started falling out of Size 28 pants! and 30/32 shirts! now 16 or 18 pants and xl large shirts and a few 2xl too. woohoo! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Kristy 306/214/165 -92
Lovin2cu
on 2/2/05 6:25 am - southbridge, MA
I can certainly relate to your story!!! There were no bigger sizes it seemed before I had the surgery. I was beginning to fit tightly in the 32's!!! I am also now in mostly 2x or 22/24. Even button up...which is amazing! Ive gone from 54ddd to 48 in bra size. So, even though some people do start at 22's, for us it is a DEFINATE success. I need to remember that because lately the loosing is near nil and the appetite and what I am able to eat has definately increased. How is everyone else doing??? Lisa in Mass 360/288/164
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views