Going DOWN!

Traci K.
on 1/29/05 9:15 pm - Sullivan, MO
Well, Friday was my 6 month post-op visit with Dr. Richardson. According to his scale, I'm only down 69 lbs. At that point, my scale said I was down 75 lbs. His nurse said for me to go by MY scale, as that's what I weigh on regularly. I talked with Dr. R. about not losing for the past month and he said I was most likely at a plateau and it would eventually break and I would start losing again. He also said that the first 6 months were the 'honeymoon' period and after this, the weight will continue to come off, but much slower. He said he figured I would end up losing another 25-30 lbs. Which would get me about to my goal - so I'm happy with that. He told me to wait until my 1 year anniversary to consider plastic surgery. Now the good news: the scale is FINALLY going DOWN once again! Last week, my weight was 176, this morning it is 173.8!!! That's almost 3 lbs. Yipppeeee!!!! A couple times before, it would touch a lower weight for about 30 seconds, then go back up and I would waffle back and forth with the same 2 or 3 lbs. But yesterday it was 174.4 and then 173.8 this morning. So it's definitely moving down. I'm so relieved!!!!! I want so bad to get into the 160's!!! I have orders for my 6 month bloodwork and will get that done tomorrow. Hopefully my levels will all come back normal. So that's my update. Traci
IrishIze
on 1/29/05 10:08 pm - NJ
Hi Traci, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! I know what you mean about the scale showing a lower weight, then changing it's mind and going back up - GRRRR - I hate when that happens!! But, the main thing is your plateau has broken and (in the words of the immortal Martha Stewart) "That's a good thing!" Hugs, Nancy -93
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 10:33 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
With you being so close to goal, your weight loss will slow considerably (probably more than many of us) because our bodies like to try and hang on to what it has left. But with diligence and plenty of exercise, you should reach your goal without any problems. You've done so well...you'll be in those 160s soon! Have fun peeing in the cup tomorrow! ICK! Pamela -81
Sherri_B
on 1/29/05 10:59 pm - washington, MO
cONGRATS GIRL YOU LOSER !!! Any who pamela what do you mean pee in a cup . i didnt pee in no cup for my blood work .. they took a few viles of blood and all came back great just curious .
Marcy B.
on 1/30/05 9:23 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I didn't pee in a cup either.... they just took a pint of blood!! I lost count after 10 viles of blood- I just looked away and engaged some poor nurse into talking to me so I wouldn't pay attention to how much blood they were taking. Thank goodness we only have to do THAT every 6 mos.
jcordell
on 1/31/05 1:20 am - TX
Awesome Traci! Way to go! Hope your labs all come back A-OK! Jeff -105
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits