How many ounces can you eat?

blister
on 1/29/05 5:49 am - Charlotte, NC
I know I am eating tooooo much. So today I have gone back to weighing my food. I do not know why I stopped in the first place. But anyway, I have still been loosing, but I have also been eating too much at once. So how much are you eating 6 months out? Susan
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 10:22 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Hmmm...good question. I don't usually measure my foods any more. I know that I probably should, but I get tired of washing all those measuring cups (excuses, excuses!). As the day progresses, I can take in more at each meal. For breakfast, I usually get about two ounces (pre-measured cheese sticks and deli meat). At lunch, it's more like 1/2 cup, and by dinner, it's closer to 3/4 or even 1 cup. I also know that I can eat more depending on what I'm eating. A cup of chili is easy. An entire PBJ sandwich is much more difficult. 1/2 cup of rice or pasta is impossible (it swells too much). I hope this helps. During the weekdays, we post our daily meals. Check out those posts if you haven't already, and it will give you an idea of what others are eating. You can also start posting your own menu if you want feedback. I've found that it's a great way to help keep me on track. Pamela -81
IrishIze
on 1/29/05 10:33 pm - NJ
Hi Susan, I think a lot depends on the density or volume of the food. Even in general measurements, there is a difference between liquid and non-liquid measurements. For instance 3 oz. of water is a breeze, I can get in about 3 oz. of turkey sloppy joe mix (no bread), but I could never get in 3 oz. of steak. I guess what I'm saying is that it is volume that matters as opposed to weight. I went to Dame Tooter's site, and she has this posted: "I always suggest that someone go to thinnerself.com (just add the www.) and use the "Body Calculator" that Bruce Underwood has been so kind to provide for our use. The Body Calculator will tell you the number of calories required to maintain your weight. So of course you want to eat less than that amount. If it says you need 2500 or so to maintain, then 1000 to 1200 would be a good number to help you lose fat, keep the body from becoming under-nourished and help keep your energy levels up." It might be worth a look. I think it's time I did a little re-vamping too. Hugs, Nancy -93
dana W.
on 1/29/05 11:44 pm - fort worth, tx
I know what u mean,, it seems some days i can eat 2 taco's when normally i can only eat one,,,the other day i had nacho bellgrnd and a taco ,, i didnt eat all of either of them but i put a nice dent in them,,,what amt r we suppose to be eating at 6 mths out? dana
houstondoll
on 2/4/05 12:42 pm - Houston, TX
Thats a good ?... I know that some days I can eat and eat and eat...I've also figured out that I can snack quite a bit too... Its funny, but I can do so good at work but come home and blow it. I had FF fig newtons and I dont know how many wheat thins last night... But I see now Y I am not losing....I'm not eating right nor am I eating the right amounts.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views