First Day of Exercise

Marcy B.
on 1/29/05 3:53 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Well, I finally did it! I actually went to the Bally's fitness center I signed up for last month. I met with a trainer ( a young girl) who is certified to work in Water Aerobics, and has experience working with MO with arthritis. I managed 5 minutes on the tread mill. But that place was huge just walking around it, and up and down the stairs was exhausting. I have to admit it was a bit intimidating- because everyone there seems to know what they are doing, where as when I look at the equipment I am totally lost. But I guess thats what I have a trainer for. Anyway she is going to start me for real on Monday doing water aerobics, and a one on one session. I signed up for 24 training sessions- a bit more money than I planned to pay- but it will all be worth it in the long run. I am proud of myself that I at least went there today to get started. Now to find a bathing suit which doesn't make me look like Shamu... that will be a real feat. Found some stuff in the Lane Byrant catalog maybe I'l order something from there- biker shorts or something to cover these thunder thighs! And while I'm at it I'd better shave my legs too. What a pain. Marcy
jcordell
on 1/29/05 4:51 am - TX
Marcy, that's AWESOME!!! Best of luck w/the trainer and the gym and all! You'll be SO GLAD you're doing this for yourself. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted on your progress! Jeff -105 and 45 to goal!
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 10:11 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Marcy, I am very proud of you! It takes a lot of courage to go to an unfamiliar place to exercise when you haven't exercised in a long time. I am so glad that you were able to afford a trainer. It will make such a difference in your body because you'll know EXACTLY what needs to be done, and you'll have someone pushing you the whole way. I hope you have a great experience on Monday, and that you'll WANT to keep exercising. Congratulations on yet another major step towards healthy! Pamela -81
Marcy B.
on 1/29/05 11:30 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Credit cards do wonders in situations like this!! I wouldn't have a clue otherwise about how to use the equipment. The trainer has agreed to split the sessions up if necessary in 1/2 hr increments so it will better for me that way. Besides, I am going to take it as a business deduction for as research for the video I am producing " Batwings Hamstrings and Other Things- A WLS patients guide to Exercise. The only bad thing is that I don't think I want to be videotaped in a bathing suit!! So we will have to wait until I am able to do some things on land, or find another subject to videotape! Thanks for the support. Marcy
dana W.
on 1/30/05 12:34 am - fort worth, tx
What a wonderful start,, this will be the most diffucult thing u've done and u'll cry because i did,, things look so simple for everyone else but u,, and u feel like people r laughing at u,, but please try to remember they all were where u're at ,, maybe not in weight but in the ability to do large amts at one time.. u will hurt and u
dana W.
on 1/29/05 11:55 pm - fort worth, tx
Marcy,, i'm proud of u,, and u shld be very proud of yourself,,, even with the trainer ,, u'll feel,, embrased but dont worry to much and just remember everyone has been where u're at,, maybe not in weight but in the ability not to do alot at one time..but it will come,, i couldnt walk around a 1/2 circle blk without my legs hurting so bad,, i couldnt help it i was walking real,,, real,, real slow and CRYING and didnt care who saw me,, but i just cldnt believe that i was once able to walk miles.. and now with all the weight i had gain i wasnt able to do much,, But now,, we going to the gym my trainer has me doing 30 min treadmill, 10 min bike,, and weights for my arms and legs,, she asked me what i wanted to target and those 2 things were my first choice,, i have went frm 268 to 195 ---73pds down ,, and i'm happy about it.. but plz stick with it,, dont give up ,, cry and miss a day or so then go back...I DID and now i cant be happier dana ************U CAN DO THIS*******
bobby s
on 1/30/05 4:48 am - Central, FL
Yeah...it's the shaving the legs part that gets me every time too!!! Good for you gal!!! I want to do so much, but this #$@ hernia is stopping me!!! ARGH!!!
Marcy B.
on 1/30/05 9:20 am - West Bloomfield, MI
LOL Bobby! Even without the exercising, you are doing really well! Thanks for the support and the good laugh. Marcy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views