Am I Normal?

Kim H.
on 1/29/05 12:39 am - Riverside, CA
I just wanted to check and see if it is totally normal to SLOWWWWW WAYYYYY DOWNNNNN around the six month mark. Everything was great. I was really doing well. I eat right (most of the time), drink a gallon of water a day (usually between 64-90 oz) and I exercise 5 days a week. Nothing changed. Except the weight loss. I was losing between 10 and 16 pounds per month. I will be 7 months out next Tuesday and all of the sudden everything stopped. I'm still following the same patterns as before so why is this happening. I thought everything worked great for more like 12 to 18 months. I only have about 45 pounds to go to get to my goal of 170 (I'm 6'0 tall so this will be perfect). The scale has only moved 4 pounds in about 6 weeks. Is anyone else dealing with the same thing? Am I Normal? Kim
IrishIze
on 1/29/05 1:10 am - NJ
Hi Kim - I think we've all slowed down in our weight loss. I think it's normal to have the really rapid weight loss during the first six months, and then taper off and continue to lose for 12-24 months. Guess we've been a bit spoiled, huh?!?! Hugs, Nancy -93
jcordell
on 1/29/05 4:57 am - TX
Hi Kim, I'm not sure I'd classify myself as 'normal', however, my loss has slowed similar to yours. . To give you an idea, on 1/7 I had lost 100 pounds. As of today, over 3 weeks later, I am only at 105 pounds, and haven't lost an OUNCE in over a week. I'm hoping this is a temporary slow down (maybe the hair loss will also slow down-hee hee), and that the losing will resume at a slower, more predictable pace. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted on your progress! Jeff -105 and STUCK
Debra O.
on 1/29/05 1:45 pm - Chino, CA
I was told that the last 30-35lbs would be really hard to get off. My weight loss started slowing in December, but I was starting to eat more too. I went from only eating a few bites at a time to eating a small meal, so it was bound to slow down just from that. My surgeon told me that unless I get on a really strict excersise program, and a serious diet, that I wouldn't probably lose anymore with the amount I am eating. I have 20 more to lose to get to 160lbs. My original goal was 150, but I am really happy where I am right now. Im in a size 10 comfotably, and a medium top. If I lose the extra 20lbs great! but if i don't, I'd be happy with that too. I'm just happy to be able to eat semi normal again. ~Debra
dana W.
on 1/30/05 12:01 am - fort worth, tx
YEP, u're normal,, it happens to all of us rather u're doing everything to the letter or not,,, but now u're body has adjusted to 5 days a wk and all the water,, so now it needs another shock ,,, dont go to the gym as much to give your body my tenison back and dont drink so much water.. u have to do something diff and ordr to start it back . and this is what i've found work for me,,,to start the weight back to going down' then once it starts moving again go back to whats right for u dana
Cyndi S.
on 1/30/05 1:06 am - Springfield, OH
Kim, I just reached my 6 month anniversary on the 27th, but I too, have slowed down in losing. One thing that I have noticed is that I'm not hungry and so have slipped on eating 6 small meals a day. My doctor said to try to at least take a bite of a protein bar between meals so that my metabolism doesn't shut down. I noticed also that there will be no loss for several weeks and then suddenly 5 - 8 pounds drop. I think if we just hang in there, it will continue to go. My doctor said they expect 80-100 pounds lost in the first year, I was at 72 at my six month check up so maybe the early loss just put me a little ahead of schedule and now my body is saying hold on! Cyndi 257/178/130
Melanie G.
on 2/1/05 12:26 pm - Chester, VA
Unfortunatelyl, I have plateaued also. I guess we are all normal. I know I need to get serious with my diet and exercise plan again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views