6 months today!!!

suzeeq
on 1/28/05 11:39 pm - Palmerton, PA
Today is my six month anniversary. I'm down 67lbs. and am greatful for every pound! It's been slow going but at least it's going down and not up! I've been counting my blessings the past few days and have been greatful for coming thru surgery without any problems. The worst that has happened is developing a hernia which we all know can happen with this surgery! It will be taken care of after most of the weight is off along with getting a TT. I've been pretty lucky with my eating and can tolerate most anything. Won't go near sugar because I don't want to find out if I dump from it or not! Kinda scares me to chance finding out! I choose not to. Some weeks go better than others as far as eating. Some weeks I don't want to eat and nothing appeals to me but I force it. Other weeks it seems like I can eat way too much! Compaired to the ammounts I used to eat it's really nothing to compair. I'm still having a hard time seeing the weightloss. Seems like I'm loosing all over and not in just one spot. I'm moving down in sizes but when I look at myself I see fat! I guess it takes time for the mind to catch up. I don't join in the weightloss challenge things on the board because I loose slow and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if I don't loose a certain ammount by a certain time. I enjoy watching all of my fellow July buddies making their goals! Makes my heart feel good to be in such a special group. I don't post very often but read the board on a daily basis just to keep up on everybody. Guess it being six months it's about time I have some pics taken and posted. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and we can all count our blessings...Hugs....Susie
IrishIze
on 1/29/05 2:28 am - NJ
Hi Susie, and happy 6 month anniversary!! I think you're feeling exactly what most all of us are feeling. Ups and downs, successes and disappointments - but we are all here for each other and that makes it all worthwhile!! I have joined the challenges, but haven't actually reached the goal, but I try. If you'd like to join, there are some people who are slower losers who make their goal 10 lbs. instead of 15 lbs. - why not give that a try - or even make it 5 lbs. That's what I'm doing on the next one!! Congratulations Suzee Q- you're doing great!!! Hugs, Nancy -93
jcordell
on 1/29/05 5:01 am - TX
Happy happy happy happy happy Anniversary to you! Indeed, we can all count our blessings...being part of this group is definitely one of my big ones too! You're doing great Susie, keep it up and please keep us posted on your progress!!! Jeff -105/45 to goal!
Melanie G.
on 2/1/05 12:20 pm - Chester, VA
Suzee, I had my surgery on July 12th. I have plateaued at 81 pounds for the last month. I think we have to re-evaulate our diet and exercise plans. I wish you the best in getting back on the losing track. Wish me luck too. Melanie
suzeeq
on 2/1/05 10:00 pm - Palmerton, PA
Good luck to you too Mel! My scale always seems to be stuck and then all of a sudden it drops. I wish I was the type of looser that could loose a pound or two a week instead of all at once maybe once a month or so. It's been like this for me all along. I get so frustrated after about three weeks of the scale not moving at all. I've tried upping the protein and exercize and changing things but my body has a mind of it's own and I'm trying to learn to let it do it's thing. It's not easy to be patient tho. I'm glad it's going down and not up. Good luck in your journey and feel free to write me any time ou need to talk...Hugs...Susie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views