I got a new job offer!!!

Tara118
on 1/28/05 10:07 pm - Trenton, OH
I had a job interview on Monday. I know the person who interviewed me called my current boss, who knew about my interview, on Tuesday for a reference. I have been waiting on pins and needles all week to find out!! When I got home yesterday I had a message stating she wanted to offer me the job. Unfortunately by the time I got home and called she was already gone. I won't get to finalize anything until Monday. They know what I make now (money wise) so I don't think they will want to make many changes to that. I drive about 37 miles one way to my job now and it takes over an hour to get there. This new job is 17 miles and takes 20-25 minutes. I am so relieved. I am a social worker in a nursing home and this is the same type of job. Funny thing was is the interview dress I dug out of my closet was a 20W and I wear a 16W now. It was a bit big but wearable. I thought, I better get a new job soon because I won't have anything to wear very soon. WooHoo!! I'll let you know all the details as soon as I know!! I am required to give a 3 weeks notice so I am figuring my first day will be 2/21/05. Tara 305/200/170 -105
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/28/05 10:17 pm - Oxnard, CA
Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! And woohoo on the shorter drive!!! I'm so happy for ya!!!! Michelle -111
IrishIze
on 1/28/05 10:37 pm - NJ
Hi Tara - Congratulations on the new job and the shorter commute!! It's nice to have the confidence to make some of those positive changes in our lives, huh? I'll bet you're excited!! Let us know how you make out! Hugs, Nancy -93
us2bfat C.
on 1/29/05 4:40 am - selden, NY
for me it would be the traveling thing i think that is GREAT!!!!! i went from 15 miles to not even a 10th of a mile ha ha ha.... and i was happy and i bet you are too congrats girl and just to say this is the benefit of this surgery our self esteem is back to go out and get em hats off girlie!!!!!!!!! Stacy 232/147/140 -85 woooopeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
jcordell
on 1/29/05 5:09 am - TX
Awesome Tara! So many great things happen in our lives after this surgery--some related directly and some indirectly. I think our entire attitudes toward life and living change, and we become more positive people, and that shows in those we are around!!! I am so happy for you, and I definitely know how awesome the commute thing is. I didn't change jobs, but I did sell my house that was 23 miles away and bought a condo that is 4.5 miles away! I can't wait for construction to be complete on my condo so I can move in!!! Please keep us posted, and congrats again on everything!!! Jeff 338/233/188 -105 and 45 to goal!
T R.
on 1/29/05 3:51 pm
Excellent!! You must be happy about the shorter distance with gas prices as high as they are. Some of the money you will save will certainly help with the expense of buying those much needed new clothes. BTW... I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate the job that you do. It's very important. I bet you are great at it too! Take care and congrats!! Tami 275/194/140
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 10:44 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Congratulations on your new job! I hope everything works out perfectly for you and that you like everyone you'll be working with. Oh, and I hope you get a HUGE raise! Pamela -81
bobby s
on 1/30/05 4:50 am - Central, FL
Now that you have a new job....can I borrow $20? Congrats!!! Here's to better days
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views