Ok, Marcy...FOOD and EXERCISE Friday

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 4:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Marcy, you'd better post! All right, I'm going to admit right now that I have not done so well today as far as low-carb goes. BUT...there's a reason for that! Instead of just trying low-carb for one week, I decided a couple of days ago that I would do low-carb on the days when my husband works the 2-10pm shift. He won't be home for dinner, so I don't have to make full meals and try resisting carb temptation. He works this shift for 7 days once every four weeks (lovely swing shift!), so one week a month I will be doing low-carb (although it won't be a Sunday through Saturday...more like a Friday through Thursday). And since my husband isn't on the 2-10 shift anymore (yesterday was the last one), I'm going to eat my carbs, but in moderation. With that said...here's my meals so far today... B~Missed it! L~A bit of salad from Ruby Tuesday salad bar (didn't eat much in the way of the prepared potato and pasta salads, but had too many croutons). I also ordered a grilled chicken low-carb wrap, but only ate 1/4 of the wrap. D~Not sure yet...I will add an update later if I think about it. S~2 sugar free candies, cup of hot chai tea (too many carbs!), a bite of a rice krispy treat So...it's bad for carbs, but I think my calories would be okay. I'm not logging my meals because it's just too hard to log salad bar stuff. I will try to do better this weekend as far as being mindful of my snacking and my protein, but I'm not going to focus on carbs. Have a great weekend! Pamela -81
deeno
on 1/28/05 5:03 am - Kokomo, IN
...I noticed that your scale moved, Pam! **high five** I never do this thing, but I think I will today. Had a bad food day. Time to confess..... B 1 cup skim milk--never have been a breakfast eater. S ~3/4 cup chex mix--home made (8 grams protein), ~10 peanut M&M's (yeah, I admit it. Sugar doesn't make me dump either. I unfortunately tolerate everything....in moderation, of course). L Mexican left overs--2 big fork fulls of black beans, 3 fork fulls of refried beans, 1/2 suffed mexican peper (no rice, just meat, cheese, pepper, and egg) S the rest of my chex mix...ugh...it's gone now. Man, that stuff is evil. Also had some V8. D ~unkown at this time, maybe a Lean Cuisine?, glass of milk? exercise--it's my big volleyball night. I'll play for ~90 minutes, co-ed competitive. It's a good work out. liquids--did great (usually do well here) So, there it is in black and white. Not my best food day (certainly not my worst). Going to visit friends and stay the night Saturday night (near Kouts), so I can guess that everyone will want to do the pizza thing, and I'll be out voted. Well, the last time I ate pizza I lost 2 pounds, so maybe with a little luck from the italian gods it will happen again...but it is unlikely. mood: (I like this addition) Tired, bored. Slow day at work. Late for my B12 shot, too, so I'm feeling a little run down. I'm going to have hubby shoot me with the B12 ASAP. We're both draggin' our butts around. Might have a hit of caffine, too, to perk me up. TGIF. Diana
Marcy B.
on 1/28/05 6:20 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Dang....you caught me munching on those stupid Baked Cheetos...... Threw them away once....( am I bad or what???) So.... B- Protein Cocoa 80 15 S- Coffee w/ ff cream ? ? Had too many cups and I am wired for sound. 2 string Cheese w/ Crackers 110 160 20 ( surprisingly more calories than I thought....but those string cheese buggers sure do have the protein! ) Yogurt Smoothie 80 6 Chow Down on Cheetos- ( those suckers are going in the garbage... and staying there..honest! ) 150 ? Not sure what I'll do for dinner too full from cheetos- but seriously probably Meatballs, or Chili- EXERCISE- Besides my jaws...nothing. But my persistent little trainer at Bally's called again today to reschedule- missed last Sat due to snow storm...rescheduled..then had to cancel cuz of work..and have been avoiding it. But tomorrow at 11:00 it is. MOOD: Pretty content right now. Got back to some of my singing, which I haven't done in a while. Worked at home for work on the computer total no brainer stuff, but I get paid YEA!! Did some cleaning ( more like throwing stuff out I don't need) So all in all a productive day If you don't count the fact that I am still in my flannel nightgown and it is 5:30 in the evening. There is a good reason for that... and its less confusing than why Pam has added carbs back to her diet. Its freaking COLD here!! Got labs back from 6 mo check -up All good except- the usual parathyroid too low- and so is calcium but I am at the most I can take- May have to take parathroid hormone. ( Why am I rambling on??? Hey its beats eating Cheetos.) Thryoid levels are too high.... but not by much! But maybe thats why I've been losing pretty well. Iron levels are a little low- have to take some type of supplement daily. Protein too low. If I stop eating Cheetos doyathink I might have enuf room in my pouch for more protein?? What a concept! More stuff n nonsense tomorrow Marcy -78
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 10:25 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nah...why I added carbs back really isn't all that confusing I can't resist potatoes, and my husband won't eat "just" meat, so I figure I shouldn't try to resist those carbs when he's home for dinner. Instead, I will go low-carb for one week out of four to "jump start" my WLS. BUT...I still don't intend to go hog wild over carbs anymore. Breakfast and lunch will still be low-carb. You'll get the hang of my meals!
TweedyBird
on 1/28/05 10:30 am - Somewhere, AR
B: Protein shake 200cal S:Oatmeal 1/2 cup 150 cal 17 carbs L:Salad 1 cup and 1/2 cup of ground chicken 300 cal S:1 cup of strawberries 50 cal D:1/2 cup of turkey chilli and 2 mini bread muffins 400 cal 20carbs Totals 1100 cal. 37 carbs
IrishIze
on 1/28/05 10:16 pm - NJ
First of all, congratulations Pamela on your weight loss - WooHoo!! Yesterday we had lunch brought in at work - great sandwiches and salads from a gourmet shop in the area. I was good and only took a slice of turkey and a slice of cheese, but as I was going back to my desk, I grabbed two black olives and a small pumpernickel roll. I took the roll, broke it up and peeled the bready stuff out of the middle. I ate about a quarter of the outer part of the roll with some of the cheese on it. Well, pouchy let it be known (once again) that pouchy don't do bread or rolls! I for the first time in a long time. I had forgotten how bad it feels when pouchy is upset. Anyway, I also knew I was going to my niece's house for game night and they were bringing in pizza, so I didn't eat much in preparation for that. I was very good with the pizza, only ate the topping off of one slice and about 1/4 of the outer crust with the bready stuff inside taken out. Pouchy was still a bit cranky, so I had to be VERY careful! B: Carb Countdown yogurt with protein powder S: Q-Smart bar L: a bit of that roll that I threw up - never got to the turkey or cheese S: 1/2 Hershey 1 carb bar (I love these!) D: the topping off of 1 slice of pizza and a bit of crust S: 4 T ricotta cheese Totals: 500 cal, 23 fat, 20 carb, 48 protein No exercise - I'm doing the Walk Away the Pounds two mile tape as soon as I'm done with this post!! Liquids - got in at least 64 oz. Mood: Pretty good - it's the weekend and I lost another pound!! Whee!!! Hugs, Nancy -93
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views