OT - I am a free woman~

ileanak
on 1/27/05 9:09 pm - San Antonio, TX
Ok, I had to announce it to the board as so many of you have had so many inspiring stories (of all kinds). I finalized my divorce yesterday!!! I stook in front of the judge and when he asked if there was any way to reconcile our differences I said "no Sir"... what I wanted to say was "Uh, do you even SEE him here?!?! What do YOU think?"..LOL. I am sad about the failure, but relieved that my life is moving in so many "right" directions! I am even going to Italy in two weeks, for a well earned vacation! I may have walked out of my marriage with the clothes on my back (or rather falling off my back) and $300 in the bank... but I am so lucky to have my health and the love of my family. WOO HOO!!!! What a relief~ Good luck to all! Ileana 282/203.6/150
melissab
on 1/27/05 9:27 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Congrats on your Positive Attitude first of all Secondly, congrats on holding your head up proud and moving on to bigger and better/greater things in your life. You are on the right path and darn girl, stop teasing about Italy That is my BIGGEST dream , to spend time there! As a newly divorced women, and a beautiful woman at that, beware of all of the sexy Italian flirty men! Or maybe I should just say .... ENJOY ;) Keep up your wonderful attitude and welcome to the free world Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/05 9:40 pm - Somewhere Else
WoooHooo!!! I'm still waiting on my final divorce papers Our lawyer's secretary screwed up and sent them in wicked late! I'm almost tempted to put a stop payment on the balance of my cheques. It should have been finalized in November! I'm hoping for some news in the first week of February...at least she told me they should have news then, it is on it's way to the magistrate now...grrrrrr You're a good, strong woman and you'll be very successful in life...it's always great to see someone pull themselves up by their bootstraps and move on like you have. Keep that wonderful, positive attitude, it's the best thing for you! Linda 268/166.5
jcordell
on 1/28/05 3:19 am - TX
Ileana, YOU GO GIRL! It's awesome to see how successful and positive you are. I hope you have a PHENOMENAL vacation--you deserve it! Best of luck, and keep up the GREAT work! Jeff -105
IrishIze
on 1/28/05 5:16 am - NJ
Try not to consider your divorce a failure - it takes two people to make a marriage work. In my situation, my divorce was the most liberating thing I ever did (although WLS comes in a close second!), and I consider myself VERY SUCCESSFUL at unloading a nasty, abusive creep! Enjoy yourself in Italia!! Hugs, Nancy -92
Tara118
on 1/28/05 8:35 am - Trenton, OH
Ileana girl!!! I am right behind you!! Phew, I can't wait until my divorce is final. If you and I lived closer we would go out and celebrate!!! You sound great and I'm sure you look great too!! Tara 305/200/170 -105
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views