Does this sound about right for 6 months out?

Denice W.
on 1/27/05 9:50 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
This is what i ate today, B- 1/2 c cream of wheat 1/2 piece of toast, l- 1 hard boiled egg with a mix of yellow peppers and red peppers a few onions and a few mushroom total probably 3/4 c not including the egg, s-3 wheatable crackers with peanutbutter, D- 1 chicken wing from domonoes and 7 sm to med shrimp. s- 1 s/f fudgesicle. scale hans't moved but 3 or 4lbs this month getting worried i maybe eating to much so can someone tell me if this is ok thanks Denice starting weight 271 weight now 191
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/05 11:07 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'd say that it looks okay, but I don't know how many calories you are getting in. It could be that you aren't taking in enough, and your body has finally reached "starvation mode," which my dietician says happens around six months. If you don't use it already, go to fitday.com (put in the www.) and log the foods that you eat. It will give you your protein, carb, and calorie counts, and you'll be better able to see what areas may need adjusting. Now, as for being stuck...YOU AND ME BOTH! I've been stuck for three weeks. This week, I tweaked my diet and went low-carb, and lo-and-behold, tonight, I was three pounds lighter. You could just be entering the "plateau season" that often occurs at six months. Pamela -81
Denice W.
on 1/27/05 6:40 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Thanks for the reply, i have tried fitday and can not figure it out i don't eat nearly as much as there portion sizes and can't seem to find the food i eat? Its very confusing to me? You think i'm not eating enough? I thought i was way over what other people eat at this time, i've never been one of those people that got full on 2 tablespoons of food well maybe the first 2 weeks but not since then! Well glad to here i am about normal on the eating scale thanks again Denice
Traci K.
on 1/27/05 10:59 pm - Sullivan, MO
Denice With Fitday.com you can adjust the portion size and you can also add custom foods. Say you eat some cheese, just create a new custom food and enter the nutrients off the package. I also use MasterCook Cooking Light, it's a software that allows me to also add custom foods, but then use those foods to create my own recipes and get the nutritional info. That's what I use for recipes I get off the web, or ones I create myself and I don't know what the nutritional information is. Once I enter it into MasterCook, I have the nutritional info and then enter it in FitDay as a new custom food. Then I know *exactly* what I'm taking in. I use the PC version of Fitday.com. It's only $19.95 and well worth it. Master Cook is also about $19.95 and can be found at amazon.com and probably ebay as well. Regarding how much you're eating, it doesn't look like a lot to me. My scale was down 1 lb this morning, but it bounces around so much up and down that I am pretty much done looking at the numbers on the scale. I look better and feel better and that's all that matters to me. I go for my 6 month post-op visit this afternoon, I do plan to ask Dr. R. how many calories, carbs, protein, etc.... I should be striving for at this point. My average calories is 863 for this past month. Could be I need to increase that; but I'm going to ask my doc first. Traci 250/175.6/147
CAROL H.
on 1/27/05 10:53 pm - FAIRBORN, OH
It sounds fine to me. I have also noticed a slow down in wl this month and have been a little concerned. Although I know that I'm not exercising like I should and I have let some carbs slip back in.
IrishIze
on 1/28/05 12:41 am - NJ
Hi Denice, When I read your post, my first impression is that you were eating a lot of carbs and not too much protein. I guess I noticed because I really try and keep the carbs low and the protein high. I see Pam cut her carbs and dropped 3 lbs. (Hooray, Pam!! ) I, on the other hand, have been eating more carbs than normal and my weight loss has stalled. I went into fitday.com and logged in the foods you ate today. Of course I didn't know how much peanut butter you ate, but I figured about 1.5 tablespoons. Here is what it came out to be: Calories: 634; Fat: 27, Carbs: 62, Protein: 37. I would suggest maybe not eating as many carbs and really trying to up your protein. How about trying a protein shake to supplement? I hope you don't think I'm being critical - I really am trying to help. I usually eat between 600 - 800 calories a day, try and keep my carbs under 30, and my protein over 70 - that generally works for me. Are you drinking enough water? That's important too, not to mention exercise which I have really been slacking off on. I think we've all slowed down now that we've hit the six months mark. I guess we will all have to tweak our programs and see what works for us individually. Hugs, Nancy -92
Denice W.
on 1/28/05 9:21 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Not at all nancy, as a matter of fact i appericate it very much because as a said above i can't figure out fitday so i have no clue what everything is! I am going to give it a try again. As far as protein is concerned my surgent said no liquid calories drink nothing with calories in it. Even thought the protein drink i have is only 120 cals i try and listen to him, I also have slipped up quite a bit with exercise my daughter and i joined the gym together and she gave it up now i just have to get use to going by my self. I just hope this is not the end for me my scale also went down 1lb as of today so i was stuck at 192 for 2 weeks. Thanks again everyone for your help Denice
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views