Is anyone else going through this???

Keri C.
on 1/25/05 6:31 am - Flowood, MS
I'm eating everything!!! I don't know what's going on! I'm getting so depressed. I'm at 6 months this week and have lost 101.5 BUT i'm so afraid this is it and that I won't be able to stop eating. It's like I'm having a hard time caring right now.
Sherri_B
on 1/25/05 8:17 am - washington, MO
I am her w/ ya i have had a rough couple weeks last week i was sick , but this week i just havent been hungry alot but when i am its not healthy choices i crave .. i have had a ding dong, 2 bear claws doughnuts . and cookies chex snack mix , and these are things i havent had for 6 months .. i was totally avoiding swets . but this week has been hard . but i kicked myself in the but today and told myself it doesnt hurt noone but me and the taste on my lips really wasnt that great . but it was there and i grabbed it . i have also been prowling at night eating . bad choices . i am going tom to get fresh fruit and veggies and keeping them cut up so they can be easily grabbed . cause i can go till like 1 and realize i havent eat and know i have to so at that point i am still not hungry i just want to grab something and get it in me .. and this is bad .. but i realize this now i am fixing it ... congrats by the way on your loss .AWESOME JOB ... also for me it is that time of month i do graze more on this time as well keep that in mind .. on that time i want my sweets .. but had avoided this
Marcy B.
on 1/25/05 10:46 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Yep Kerry- I am a July 20 baby too, and I have had the same thing happen. Your weight loss has been phenomenal so you must be doing something right. We just have to keep trying day by day. The last few days were terrible...but today is OK. The more I plan and the more I fill up on protein -solid food, the better I do. Hang in there- tomorrow is another day! Marcy -77
TweedyBird
on 1/25/05 11:53 pm - Somewhere, AR
WOW, I love this board! I had this very conversation with my angel a few nights ago. I just got so freaked out, I was like I can snack all night long. And about two week ago, I was able to eat two slices of pizza. I also saw a 2 pound gain on the scales too, so you know I was like god please do not let me fail at this! I got my head together. It helped knowing that a lot of people experience a flucuation in the scales around this time; and people notice that they can eat more. This is me! I have been keeping a food journal for the past 2 weeks and I have really had to make a conscience effort to avoid certain foods. I still snack more at nights, but I have made better choices in my food selection and I have increased my exercise by 10 minutes. I am happy to report a 4 pound decrease this morning! I have also noticed that some days, I am just hungery! I can eat more and it takes more to fill me up. Other days, I am fine! I am going to just go with it! If I am truly hungery...then hell....I am going to eat. I will try to do water first, wait 15 minutes, then protein....but I am not going to ignore it...or beat myself up! Good luck and THANK YOU for sharing! Tweedy -108
MikeB
on 1/29/05 3:30 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Keri, Please don't be offened with this but it looks like your fat head is taking over. Do you have a sugar tolerance? It sounds like you might. I notice that when my fat head tries to come out I have to find something to do or I will start to graze. I don't no if I have a sugar tolerance I'm afraid to find out. I've lost 180lbs in 6 months and I don't intend to fail. Beating yourself up is counter productive. When you start to chow down because you're depressed you need to ask yourself why did I have this surgery to begin with. Was it so I could lose a lot of weight and then gain it back. If that's what you wanted to do you didn't need this to do it. If you are keeping junk food in the house because you can eat it remove it. Just keep asking yourself is here really comfort in food? If there was there wouldn't be a need for this surgery. I'm sorry if this is harsh. I know what it's like to eat you sorrows away. I started this journey at 535lbs. I truly lived to eat. Now if I start to get that feeling I try to find something to keep my mind off of it. You might need to go talk to someone and get some help dealing with the demons that cause these feelings. I hope this helps. Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views