Planning ahead - plastic surgery

Traci K.
on 1/24/05 8:02 am - Sullivan, MO
Anyone else planning to, or have thought about having, plastic surgery? I've had 7 children and after losing all this weight, a tummy tuck is definitely in my future. I do have a couple other procedures I'd like done: breast reduction (whi*****ludes a lift) and my neck waddle thingy lifted. My arms and legs are fine. I'd love a butt lift, so then maybe I'd actually have a butt, however, that's not top on my priority list. I contacted St Louis Cosmetic Surgery (http://www.stlcosmeticsurgery.com) today and they emailed me some prices. All I can say is if you plan to have any plastic surgery, start saving RIGHT NOW! My insurance *may* cover the breast reduction, but nothing else. Without any insurance, the tummy tuck and breast reduction would be about $20,000 for both. They did recommend that I reach my goal weight before having the tummy tuck. But the did not say I needed to remain there, or having stopped losing for a certain length of time first. I had heard to wait until we had stopped losing for 6 months. Just curious if any of you have thought about this at all. Traci
njcutie
on 1/24/05 9:34 am - Brick, NJ
hi traci, my surgeon told me to start seeing a plastic surgeon about 6 months after surgery, due to the fact that there is a process for them to try and get alot covered by the insurance companies. just found out the plastic surgeon i will be seeing said his first consultation is free and that he works with alot of insurance companies. best of luck to you.
Tara118
on 1/24/05 10:23 am - Trenton, OH
You know there are a lot of plastic surgeons that know the "tricks of the trade" to getting that tummy tuck covered for WLS patients. I found out about one in the Cinti area that is good about getting it approved through insurance. If it can be done she can do it. If you attend a support group in your area you might want to ask them if anyone knows of someon in your area. I know I want to have PS but I want to wait a few years. If there is a chance of me hooking up with someone I may want more kids. I only have a few good "baby making" years left so it won't be too long, LOL. Good Luck!! Tara 305/203/170 -102
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/05 10:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I plan to have plastic surgery in the future. LONG into the future. Once I lose all the weight that I'm going to lose (whether I make it to 135 or my body gives up at 200), I plan to have another child. After I have a baby, THEN I will look into plastic surgery. But...if you want to know what I'm planning to have done... I will probably have a huge apron of skin that will need to be removed. Hopefully insurance will cover that, since it can be problematic (and I'm planning to document it as such, regardless ). I also know that my upper arms will need to be done, because they are horrendous. My legs are okay, although I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have them tightened up eaither. And of course, I want the boob job, although I want mine to be smaller and nice enough that I'll never need a bra. So basically, I'm looking at more money than I'll ever have. Oh, and I also plan to have LASIK...I'm sick of wearing glasses! Well, then I will probably have my teeth straightened, too. So by the time I'm done, I probably won't know who I am. Oh well, meeting strangers is always kind of interesting... Pamela
bobby s
on 1/24/05 2:59 pm - Central, FL
Count me in. If anyone comes across a good surgeon, chime us in. I have a LOT of apron already. I had a herniated leg prior to WLS that needs PS too. Also, my man-mammories need to GO (any ladies want them?)
Tanja Y
on 1/24/05 4:50 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I definately plan on having PS and thankfully my insurance will cover it I'd like to get it all done, but don't think I'm up to having that much surgery. New tummy, new bum and new boobs would be nice tho. Heck my surgeon has already told me I definately needed a TT. ~Tanja -141
Traci K.
on 1/24/05 9:34 pm - Sullivan, MO
I do have good insurance, they covered my WLS at 100%. Guess I'll have to see what they might cover for PS surgery too. It would be awesome if they did cover it - then I wouldn't have to wait as long. I'm definitely done having babies, so as soon as I hit my goal weight, I'm good to go. I had not heard about seeing the PS sooner, to try and get insurance coverage. I'll check into that. Thanks for that tip!
Deejay
on 1/24/05 11:14 pm - Sparks, NV
I definitely plan on at the minimum a TT, I had triplets and with all this weight loss too, I have a major problem with my hanging stomach skin already. Rashes galore! I've been taking pics like crazy and been to the doc for them and having more back problems now then when I was heavier. I will have that done even if insurance doesn't pay, but I also want my hips and thighs done with it and if lucky, a breast lift with implants, the girls are gone and nothing left but a golf ball in tube socks on my chest. I have 31lbs til goal, and then will pursue plastics. Deejay 257/181/150 -76
deeno
on 1/24/05 11:34 pm - Kokomo, IN
I need to get my bat wings removed. They were bad before WLS, and they are a little smaller now, but still pretty much "out there". They are as big as large chicken breasts hanging from my upper arms. Isn't that a lovely picture? I also have some stomach issues. I have a roll above my belly button, and one below it. I look like the Michelin Tire Man! I went for my 6 mo follow-up yesterday, and had my surgeon document that I was having some "yeast/fungal" issues in my belly button and skin rolls. I'm trying to lay the ground work for PS, which I am hoping for this fall. I also have hanging skin on my inner thighs. I don't know if these will improve with time and weight loss, or if surgery will be the answer. My boobs....well, as long as I can roll them up and stuff them in a bra, I'm OK with that. Either that, or tuck them in my pants. Now there's an image that may be burned in your brains forever.... Diana *hubby had PS at 2 years out--Body lift, TT, and removed "man boobs"--what a HUGE difference! Really , really worth it. So, so proud of him (he lost -190 pounds).
Sherri_B
on 1/25/05 8:09 am - washington, MO
HI traci well i am here w/ ya i delivered five kiddos and i was under the impression our insurance would cover plastics for tummy tuck if you was a weight loss patient and it was a problimatic area .. like rashes so on .. my tummy is there and hangs but it is shrinking . i havent had much rashes or anything but i also use tinactin on my c sec scar area each time i shower . and that has helped alot i do have a few pictures of some boils i get under there but haventh ad none in a long time . so i dunno . but i know the breast lift is ok w/ our insurance . i also would like a lil of my top legs done . i still may be able to tone and lose it . so i am not sure on that one . but belly and boobs is defintily getting done ... i do know my cousins wife just had implants done and they finaced it so that is an option . i am gonna do mine when i get to 140 ... i am at 179 today ... but i will wait till i am 1 year out in case i can go smaller that 140 hopefully 130 ...
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views