How do YOU handle the urge to stress eat?

Marcy B.
on 1/24/05 4:57 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I seem to be doing well on the program over-all- except for dealing with stress. I still gravitate toward carbs, and have this desire to eat. Its the hardest thing for me to avoid eating when I am stressed. I know I can do great damage by grazing all day long. I am trying to space my meals and stick to proteins, but its been very very hard today. What other things do you all do instead of eating to reduce stress? Marcy -77
IrishIze
on 1/24/05 5:03 am - NJ
There are times when nothing else will do, so I end up eating something. I try to make it healthy - turkey jerky is good because it's hard to chew and takes a long time to eat. It's also almost pure protein, so that helps too. When I'm able, I water load. That helps my pouch feel full and gives me something to do. I find that I can drink more at a time if I drink out of a glass rather than sucking it out of a bottle. When I really need carbs, I eat Glenny Soy BBQ Crisps. They are low in carbs and have protein in them. I get them in my local supermarket. Hang in there!!! You're not alone!! Hugs, Nancy -92
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/05 5:30 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Good question... Too bad I don't have an answer for you! The past couple of months (since Thanksgiving, really), I've had horrid trouble with grazing. If I keep my brain busy, it's not a problem for me. But I have so much free time on my hands that my brain is rarely working. Good luck in your hunt for the "Holy Grail" of WLS! Pamela working hard to stay low-carb
Marcy B.
on 1/24/05 9:15 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Great picture, Pam- one of these days I'll get the courage to stand in front of a camera again- and then I post something. The Holy Grail indeed!! I do think I came up with a solution though..... DUCT TAPE ( across our mouths! ) Marcy
LTruesdale1980
on 1/25/05 3:46 am - Orange Grove, TX
I just want to eat. . .now nothing really in particular. I will think I want something carby, no, something sweet, no, something cheesy, no. All it makes me want to do is eat I get so frustrated My problem when I want to stress is just tha tI want to eat and eat period. I usually just not eat. . .I need help as well on the stress eating area.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views