Going crazy....lol

Tanja Y
on 1/24/05 1:21 am - Wahiawa, HI
Yesterday was my 6 month surgery anniversary. And while I'm happy with my weight loss, I can't seem to shrug off the little thoughts in my head that I could have done better, that I should be wearing smaller sizes and able to exercise longer by now. I don't know why, self-doubt has always been a problem for me in the past; but I thought I'd gotten over it at leat partially. But now it's worse then it ever was pre-op. I hear from family and friends how great I'm doing, but even as they're complimenting me there's a little monologe going on inside my head that I could actually be doing better then I am. Is this common? I work my tool to the best of my ability and have lost 141 pounds. You'd think I'd be jumping up and down and I will admit, sometimes I do.....but it's the other times that really bug me. I'll say "I've lost 141 pounds" and smile about it, but inside I hear a little voice saying "It should be 150 pounds.....160 pounds if you tried just a little harder" I hate feeling like this! I want it to stop, just now sure how to shut up that little voice or to change it's message to "you're doing a great job, keep it up!" Somebody please tell me I'm not going crazy and that you have the same thoughts sometimes. Please ~Tanja -141 pounds
IrishIze
on 1/24/05 2:45 am - NJ
Tanja - You've lost 141 lbs - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! You have obviously been doing the right things and look at how it's paying off!! You know, I think we have all lived lives where we are critical of ourselves, our self-esteem is low and we don't see the good things about ourselves. I think after the surgery the physical changes happen quickly, but sometimes the emotional or psychological changes need a chance to catch up. You are the one who has to change that little voice. When the 'old' Tanja inside is being critical, you need to say out loud - "I'm doing great! I'm so proud of myself", and give yourself a big hug and a smile!! Believe me Tanja, you are really doing great - give yourself credit and be good to yourself - you really deserve it!! Hugs, Nancy -92
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/05 5:38 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been going through the exact same thing! I think it goes back to all that guilt we had as failed dieters. Even though we've done exceptionally well (well, the rest of you have, anyway), those tiny voices keep telling you that you've screwed up. The only thing I can say is that you have lost 141 pounds in six months. That's FANTASTIC! I don't know how anyone could expect to do any better than that. You tell those little voices that it's time for them to shut up because you aren't going to let them drag you down. Pamela can't wait to see the scale move
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views