Wowsers!

melissab
on 1/23/05 7:05 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I've been horrible lately about posting. Things have been hectic in my world, this week especially. Tuesday morning my common law bf/hubby moved out, int he process I missed work, got fired, and am now unemployed and having to find a way to move out of this house and pay for a roof over me and my 2 kids heads. 2 hours later I got a phone call that a friend was killed in a horrible car crash with a tractor trailer in Toronto. That is just a glimpse of why I havent' been around. I'm trying to count my blessings rather than wallow in self pity which wouldn't help matters. I did go out this week to shop, hoping to cheer myself up. I am not quite 6 months postop, started at 270lbs and in a size 24-26 pants and 3x top (I'm short too, only 5'3"). I was wearing these size 16 jeans that were hanging off me and my g/f said that's it, they GOT TO GO! So shopping we went, me having no clue how to actually shop in the "regular" womans clothing store. My friend grabbed this pair of cords, very nice but very small and me going unh-unh, not trying those, I will be more depressed , they won't go up my thighs let alone all the way up. She insisted. I literally slid them right on, stared in the mirror and said out loud "Son of a *****!", and of course came out to show my friend that they fit, beaming from ear to ear like a maniac. They were size 12's Size 12's in "misses petites" actually A couple of days later we were on a mission again, and the other new pair of pants are a size *EGADS* 10! Bought some tops too, ladies Medium I fit into my 11 year old athletic and in great shape son's school shirt the other day. Boys size Medium! *YIKES* If my surgeon was closer i'd be there in a flash to cry like a baby and give him a big hug. Even though I"m not posting much I'm reading the boards, and you July babies are doing just AWESOME! Melissa
Traci K.
on 1/23/05 8:38 am - Sullivan, MO
Sorry about your bf and loss of your friend. But a huge congrats on your weight loss success!!
us2bfat C.
on 1/23/05 9:45 am - selden, NY
you go girl for what its worth i am proud of you!!!!! im not sure why he left but now its time to start a new and move on !!!! SIZE 10 WOW !!!!! YOU GO GIRL what could be better then that... i know the first time i put on a size 5 stretch that is i was floored i almost fainted i actually went and hugged my doctor and he hugged me back !!!!!! Stacy 232/149/140 still stuck at -83
bunnymorris
on 1/23/05 1:28 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Bless your heart Melissa! When it rains it pours. I understand. My year started with Shingles, Surgery, My dad's surgery, his illness and then death and I just had eye surgery to remove a cyst. It doesn't seem to end but it does. Hang tight. You will make it and we're here to support you so keep us updated. You are doing really well. Sorry about your friend and bf. You are still standing. Take Care, Bunny
IrishIze
on 1/23/05 10:05 pm - NJ
Hi Melissa! First of all, let me say that I'm sorry about the troubles you had to deal with. BUT - - a big congratulations on your wonderful success with the weight loss surgery! Look at how far you've come, and it sounds like you've got a great, supportive girlfriend to help get you through the rough spots. (And you've got us too! ) Hugs, Nancy -92
jcordell
on 1/25/05 5:02 am - TX
Hang in there, Melissa! We're here for all the support you need! Keep up the great work!!! Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views