7/19 - Six Month Anniversary!

IrishIze
on 1/18/05 10:20 pm - NJ
Today is the six month anniversary of my WLS. Looking back, there was never a time that I regretted my decision. I had some rough times ~ ending up back in the hospital at four weeks with an ulcer and a stricture, but even that didn't make me regret my decision. Today, I am 90 lbs. lighter, I'm off my blood pressure and cholestrol meds, I have SO much more energy and stamina, I feel more clear minded and I am much more outgoing. I think the biggest gift I have gotten from this surgery is the gift of HOPE for a future. I can actually believe that I will live to see my grandchildren and dance at my sons' weddings! I also feel that I have made some wonderful friends here. Ah, life is good. Congratulations to all of the other July 19 babies - I know there were a lot of us! Hugs, Nancy -90
Janette
on 1/18/05 10:44 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Nancy...way to go!!!!!!!!!!You look wonderful. You are so right in saying this surgery has giving you/us the gift of hope!!!! Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/232 -131lbs
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/18/05 11:17 pm - Oxnard, CA
Happy Anniversay my WLS sister!!! Hasnt it been a wonderful six months. I like you do not regret my decision for one moment. Best thing I've ever done for myself. Today I'm -103 pounds and I feel amazing. I still have 112 pounds to go, but I'll get there. And I'm especially blessed because of my friends I've made here, especially you girl!!! Love ya!!! Michelle -103
samyrna
on 1/18/05 11:34 pm - Sanford, MI
Nancy . That is GREAT. I'm so happy for all of us that has done this for ours selves, It just couldn't be any better.
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/05 1:28 am - Somewhere Else
Congrats Nancy! You're doing wonderfully! I say we all deserve a round of applause! Linda 268/169.5
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/05 1:29 am - Somewhere Else
Congrats Nancy! You're doing wonderfully! I say we all deserve a round of applause! Linda 268/169.5
IrishIze
on 1/19/05 2:36 am - NJ
I agree, Linda!! N.
GailD
on 1/19/05 2:53 am - Racine, WI
Congratulations, Nancy! You're doing doing awesome! Down 90 lbs. Woohoo! My 6 mo. anniversary is coming up, and I'm with you -- I have never regreted my decision to have this surgery. The new eating habits are becoming a way of life -- not a diet. I feel good, I'm off blood pressure meds, I can do Jazzercise and keep up with the younger girls (low impact, of course). What a wonderful gift we've been given to get our TOTAL life back! When I look back on my pre-surgery life, I realize how many things I was missing out on -- didn't want to go to parties because people would see how big I am...etc. I'm usually a lurker on this message board, although I do put in my 2 cents once in a while! I always enjoy your posts, Nancy, and can relate to alot of the things you have to say. Again, congratulations on your success! Gail D. 252/175/140
Deejay
on 1/19/05 4:02 am - Sparks, NV
Happy Anniversary to me and you too Nancy! I am so thankful for this surgery and have never really regretted it. I wish my loss was going faster but as long as its going, I'm happy. I'm down 75lbs and 80 since my highest and haven't been this happy in YEARS! Happy anniversary! Deejay 257/182/150 -75
brandnewmw30
on 1/19/05 9:48 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
CONGRATULATIONS NANCY AND ALL OF THE JULY BABIES!! WE ALL FINALLY MADE IT! AREN'T THE REWARDS SWEETER THAN ANY FOOD WE'VE PUT INTO OUR MOUTHS? SOME OF US HAVE HAD TOUGHER TIMES THAN OTHERS, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE TOUGHER THAN US STICKING TO OUR NEW LIFESTYLE. AMOS IS PROBABLY ON E OF TE BEST THINGS THAT COULD'VE HAPPENED TO ALL OF US BECAUSE WE CAN ALL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT, LISTEN ,AND VENT THROUGHOUT OUR TIMES AHEAD. I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF MY AMOS SISTERS AND BROTHERS AND REMEMBER THAT WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN1 TENEAHA 319/225/175
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views