1.5 to go!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/05 8:06 pm - Somewhere Else
Wednesdays are my weigh-in days....and today another 2 pounds gone for the past week! I'm only 1.5 pounds away from the century club! Wasn't long ago...(ok about 3 years ago, before I decided on the surgery) that I thought this could NEVER happen...lol...well I changed that mindset! Once I made the decision to have this surgery, after a couple of years of saying *no way!*... I was positive that not only would it work for me, it would work miracles for me, and I was right! My positivity is what makes this a success, the fact that I do not let anything get me down, not even the one week where the scale showed a 1 pound gain....I looked at it and said *pppfftttt ok so it will be gone during this coming week*...and it not only left that week, it took 4 of it's friends with it! Yes, I'm an advocate for positivity...it's negativity that will get you down and help bring on failures...This surgery is a wonderful tool, but without positivity and hard work, it can't help you very much. I hope everyone out there is doing amazingly well today and is happy in life! Thanks for letting me babble Linda 268/169.5
IrishIze
on 1/18/05 10:10 pm - NJ
Linda, you are a great role model!! Being the product of an Irish-Catholic family - parochial schools and all, GUILT and low self-esteem has played a major part in my life! After years of practice, it's so much easier to be down on myself, so I am really trying to re-learn how to be positive. The weight loss has helped me to feel better about myself for sure, so I'm boarding the positivity train!!! Congratulations again on your great weight loss - I'll be looking forward to your century club post!! Hugs, Nancy -90
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/05 1:25 am - Somewhere Else
Thanks Nancy! Well I tell you...I was the same. Up until just a few years ago I was guilt ridden and had the lowest self esteem. But I turned all that around the past few years. Especially this last year. So it can be done. I would have never thought I could be positive and feel so good about myself, better yet to encourage others on top of it! Also never would have thought I could have succeeded at anything, especially weight loss...but with help I am doing it! Nothing can get me down anymore, I've learned that I'd rather be unemployed than to put up with anyone's crap...I'd rather stay home alone rather than go out with people who are NOT friends...etc...so all of that changed too. People respect me much more now. And I sure as heck respect myself more I can't wait till I can post the century club post either! hehehe... Linda 268/169.5
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/05 1:31 am - Somewhere Else
Thanks Nancy! Well I tell you...I was the same. Up until just a few years ago I was guilt ridden and had the lowest self esteem. But I turned all that around the past few years. Especially this last year. So it can be done. I would have never thought I could be positive and feel so good about myself, better yet to encourage others on top of it! Also never would have thought I could have succeeded at anything, especially weight loss...but with help I am doing it! Nothing can get me down anymore, I've learned that I'd rather be unemployed than to put up with anyone's crap...I'd rather stay home alone rather than go out with people who are NOT friends...etc...so all of that changed too. People respect me much more now. And I sure as heck respect myself more I can't wait till I can post the century club post either! hehehe... Linda 268/169.5
jcordell
on 1/20/05 1:06 am - TX
Linda, you ROCK!!! Your positive attitude and great outlook are soooo refreshing! Congrats on your accomplishments, and for staying so positive! YOU'RE THE BEST! All the love, Jeff -105
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/05 1:12 am - Somewhere Else
Awwwww thanks hon!!! It's always so nice to hear things like that Ok, now I get to flirt! Hey there handsome....come here often??? Wanna come up and see my etchings hehehe if only I could get naughty on the board without the moderators saying lol Linda 268/169.5
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views