Food to Eat.....

wlwav
on 1/18/05 7:41 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi everyone, I am 6 months out of surgery and I am down 126 lbs. I didn't have trouble in the beginning because I was never hungry and couldnt tolerate alot of foods. Now I can tolerate a whole lot more but I am having trouble getting the protein in. I am not sure what is high in protein and what isn't. Does anyone know where I can get a list of food and fruits and vegetables that are high in protein but low in carbs and sugar?? Please help. Thanks to all and good luck to everyone. Linda
IrishIze
on 1/18/05 7:59 am - NJ
Hi Linda - first of all, congratulations on losing 126 lbs. - that is so FANTASTIC!! I find a rule of thumb is meats, eggs, and dairy are usually high in protein. Also nuts, but there can be a lot of calories and fat in nuts. I don't know of any fruit that has protein in it, and most are carbs, but I understand they are good carbs as opposed to a hunk of Italian bread . I have just started incorporating some berries and a piece of banana here and there and boy do they taste good! I really try to stay very low carb - I like to be under 30 a day. Most days I do ok, some days I go over a bit. I supplement with a protein drink or two during the day, and that really helps keep my protein up. Have you tried logging your foods on fitday.com? I do that and it really helps me to have a good idea of where I'm at during the day and during the week. Hugs, Nancy -90
bunnymorris
on 1/18/05 10:47 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Linda, I agree with Nancy. I do better when I drink one or two protein drinks (I like Fuzzy Navel and lemonade protein nectar drinks). They are about 23 g. of protein in each drink. That really helps! Good Luck, Bunny
Vivi *.
on 1/18/05 8:01 pm - clermont, FL
Hi Linda, don't know if this helps but I an an avid sushi and sashimi lover. When I go out (at least once a week) I order Tuna Tataki. It's nothing but tuna and maybe I'll eat one or two pieces of the rice sushi from my date's order, butonly one my tataki is gone... Tuna tataki (sashimi) is nothing but very lean protein and it is so soft it just melts in your mouth as you eat it! It is VERY healthy for you, high in protein and ZERO carb, ZERO sugar, VERY, VERY LOW FAT if any!!! Vivi.
Debra O.
on 1/18/05 10:21 pm - Chino, CA
Beef Jerky is what keeps my protien up. I munch on it daily for a snack. It has 12 grams of protien in just 2 oz. ~Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views