Question about Pregnancy

bamasweetpea
on 1/17/05 5:16 am - Fayetteville, NC
I was wondering if anyone has thought about making an addition to the family. I had a condition called PCOS. My periods are regular now!!! I have been married for almost 5 years and was never able to conceive. I would love to hear your thoughts and the advise you was given by your surgeon on making that addition. 's Carrie
Debra O.
on 1/17/05 5:28 am - Chino, CA
No actually my hubby was fixed right after our daughter was born, so no more babies for me. I was told by my surgeon to not even think about pregnancy until you are a year out of WLS though. ~Debra
Jennifier1
on 1/17/05 9:09 am - Weirton, WV
My surgeon said we should wait 12-18 months until our weight is stable before trying to conceive. He said at that time, we should be able to have a very healthy baby. My gyn told me in Oct. that he'd not have a problem if I started trying then. That shocked me actually being I was only a little over 3 months out. I'd never go against my surgeon's orders though. I also have been told I have PCOS and am hoping that when it is time to start a family, I'll have an easier time now that I've lost the weight.
TweedyBird
on 1/17/05 11:25 am - Somewhere, AR
I agree with Jennifer! My surgeon also said you should wait at least a year! I love children, and cannot wait to revisit the idea of having one more child. Good luck, Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views