What are your biggest issue thus far?

TweedyBird
on 1/17/05 12:30 am - Somewhere, AR
Hello fellow july babies! I am doing my usual assessement of my journey thus far! I am feeling really good. I am down 106 pounds, wow I am amazed by that...just simply amazed. I am sooooo happy that I had this surgery! Well the journey has become more comfortable. I have a GREAT exercise routine down. I usually exercise about 6 days a week. I get in all of my vitamins pretty much everyday. And I always get in all of my protein. But I do have some food issues, night grazing is somewhat of a problem. I do not do too badly. I have some pretty good snacks, so my choices are pretty much good. It is just the fact that I am wanting to eat. My trainer said I am not eating enough during the day, so I have started trying to eat more during the day, I am going to track my night time munchies with this plan! What is your biggest issue thus far, and how are you coping with it? Tweedy
Debra O.
on 1/17/05 4:31 am - Chino, CA
I really havent had any big issues...Its been smooth sailing. If I had to pick one thing it would be the holidays. Just getting through them was an issue for me. Christmas day was ruined for me because I decided to eat 2 bites of prime rib, and got horribly sick. So I really have been trying to stay away from eating completly in social situations. I've had too many ruined. ~Debra
TweedyBird
on 1/17/05 11:05 am - Somewhere, AR
Thanks for sharing Debra. Gosh, I hope you get to a point where social eating is enjoyable. Nonetheless, I completely understand about getting sick after something, believe me....I have my days too! Tweedy
deeno
on 1/17/05 5:19 am - Kokomo, IN
I would say that my biggest issues are: 1. Nothing makes me dump. Nothing. I can eat sugar, bread, steak, carbs....Now, don't flame me. I don't pig out. I just expected to have a natural deterant to eating these foods from having surgery. It's OK that I can eat a wide variety of foods, but I am just concerned that "long term" I may have trouble losing it all and keeping it all off. I can eat a much larger quantity of food than I expected to be able to eat at 6 months out, too. I'm bringing this up with my doc this month. 2. I have some skin issues (abdomen and arms, thighs are getting saggy, too). I'll take the skin issues over the fat any day though! 3. I have had a plateau early-on. It took me 3 months to lose 5 pounds. I guess that isn't technicallly a plateau, but it sucked big time. At least I was already down 60 pounds and feeling better, but to hit a brick wall at just under 4 months out was a little frightening. These really don't seem like big issues to me---they're the biggest issues I have. So, I guess you could say no real complaints here. 68 pounds gone forever! Diana *Good Question!!
TweedyBird
on 1/17/05 11:11 am - Somewhere, AR
Hello Diana, Thanks for sharing! Bread do not bother me either, I can eat them without a problem. However sweets, NO! I can only do a few bites, I am very happy for this too! Sounds like you are doing well, and I can definately identify with skin issues....I am beginning to see some problems with my inner thighs......yuck! But like you said, I would rather have the skin issue then the weight. Tweedy
IrishIze
on 1/17/05 6:23 am - NJ
One of my biggest issues at this point is exercise. After surgery I did a lot of walking and really learned to love it. Now that the cold weather is here, I don't get out to walk as much, and I have a tough time making myself go downstairs at work and walk on the treadmill or put on the Walk Away the Pounds tape. I generally don't like exercise and it is a push for me, but I miss my walking. Another issue is eating at night. I've always been an evening eater. I pretty much go without eating much during the day and eat most of my food later in the day - maybe it's not the best thing according to the pros, but so far it's not causing me any problems. I haven't tried anything with real sugar at this point - I don't really want to know if I can tolerate it or not. I was a real sugar-holic presurgery and I would be petrified if I knew I could eat it. I have a tough time with breads, pastas and dense meats, so I pretty much stick to my meatballs, meatloaf, omelets, cheeses, etc. and at this point I'm happy with it. I usually supplement with Unjury and Isopure 0 carb protein powder, so I feel I'm doing ok. Hugs all, Nancy -90
TweedyBird
on 1/17/05 11:21 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Nancy, Thanks for sharing. Just like you, I am not really hungery during the day or just really do not eat much, and tend to night eat. I just do not want any problems in the future....but whats weird is that a number of people report the same thing (in regards to night eating). I wonder if it is wls related??? I am so glad we have this site, the support and personal sharing of information is wonderful!!!!!! Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views