Where is everybody???

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 12:22 pm - Somewhere Else
Ohhhhhhhh now you're talkin'!!!!!!! Linda 268/171.5
JustHat
on 1/15/05 6:03 am - NM
This has been a busy week for me. I don't know how much I have told this board, but my husband is being thrown out of the Air Force because he developed asthma. We found out Nov. 8. We have been expecting them to cut his orders and then we would have 30 days. Every night, he goes to work and checks to see if his orders were cut yet. And, every night, there has been no word. Well, 10 minutes after I posted about my new BMI the other day, he asks me to check online to see how much our pay check would be on Friday. I checked and they said $00.00. Panic set in. After running around all morning to find out what is going on, we learned that he was discharged from the AF on Dec. 28. The problem is that no one told us or anyone at this base. Someone did the paperwork and kept it to themselves. So, they put him back as active duty and will cut our orders next week. And, they paid us on Friday after all. I am still very upset about this because we are losing everything. Our home, our retirement, our insurance, our paycheck. DH turns 39 tomorrow and we are starting all over. Only unlike a 20 year old, we have four kids to feed and medical needs. Beside the finances, I am losing something else that is so dear to me. I will have to go to work. I am not lazy. I know I will enjoy it. But, I love being at home with my kids. That is something that has always been really important to me. I am going to be busy for the next few weeks. We have been in this house for 6 years and there is so much to do. It is amazing how much crap a family has after they have been in one place for too long. At least I have downsized my closet. DH had me try on my denim outfit yesterday. I didn't think that 10 pounds would make that big of a difference. But, the darn thing is a little baggy. I am going to try and take it in. I can sew quilts. But, clothes are a whole other story. So, I don't have much faith in myself. I like online friends because when I move, I get to take all of you with me. So, y'all get to packing. Hat
IrishIze
on 1/15/05 6:21 am - NJ
OMG, Hat - that is just awful! I wish there was something I could do to help. I knew you were losing your medical insurance, but had no idea it was everything. What about doing some sort of child care in your home - I'm sure you'd have to get some sort of certification, but maybe that's worth looking into. That way you're still home with your kids. This must be hard on your DH too - I'm sure he's really at loose ends. Please know that you have your July family here to support you and who I know are all pulling for you. Let's hope that, although things look bleak right now, you will be able to look back and say that it was probably a good thing and made great changes in your life. Hugs, and postive thoughts coming your way.... Nancy -89
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 6:32 am - Somewhere Else
Hat, sweetie, I'm sorry this is happening to you.... I have faith that your DH will be back on his feet in no time. With his AF experience he will not have any trouble finding great work. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for the best for you and your family. Linda 268/171.5
Monna W.
on 1/15/05 10:12 am - Susanville, CA
Hat, I am so sorry your life is being disrupted so much. My husband was 40 when they mustered out of the Navy because of his MS. He was willing to serve in any capacity, but of course he had to go. It was rough for a long time, but we finally adjusted. We have 2 kids who were 10 and 14 at the time. It all worked out, but it was a very difficult time. You sound like a very strong woman with a loving husband and I am confident that you will not only survive, but come out better in the end. Thank goodness you have quilting to help soothe your mind when things get rough. If you are ever in Susanville, CA (the northeastern part) please stop by the quilt store in town and we will talk in person. Remember, no matter where you go, we on this board are there for you. Monna
jcordell
on 1/17/05 12:41 am - TX
Sorry to hear that, Hat! Just know that we are here to support you in any way we can. Jeff -105
us2bfat C.
on 1/15/05 6:11 am - selden, NY
im here too i was just lurking cause i really didnt have much to say.... but now that no one has anything to read here goes im on a plateau again boo hooo boo hooo i am stuck at 149 for the longest all i need is a sign 1 lb and ill be happy.... i really cant complain i am almost at goal but i will anyway.... the first 83 was easy now it seems the last 9 lbs is taking forever i know i have to be patient and let my body catch up but dam .....lol anyway im on my way to a party of people i have not seen in a while so thats always a good confidence booster ill let you know how it goes talk sooon........ stacy 232/149/140
us2bfat C.
on 1/15/05 6:12 am - selden, NY
oh and jeff where is that body shot!!!!! Stacy -83
JustHat
on 1/15/05 6:25 am - NM
I forgot to mention that people are starting to get funny. Yesterday someone asked me if I had been sick. Then someone else asked me if I have had liposuction (sp). They both told me to stop losing. In fact, a lot of people have told me to stop losing. Weird body things-- I can now reach my fingers into my belly and behind my ribs. It is just weird. And, it grosses DH out. At the dentist, I noticed that I have a really strong pulse in my belly. The tech was a thin gal who had always been thin. I asked her if she had that pulse on her belly after making her feel mine. She said no. The she said something about my maybe being pregnant. NOT! I can feel my guts so much better now. Sometimes I will rub my belly and can hear and feel things going through it. I think I may be spending too much alone time with my body. But, hey, it is a new body and I want to know it. Some people know about my surgery. Most don't. I do the same as you. I tell them I cut out all sugar, eat more protein and a lot less carbs. And, I tell them that I don't eat out any more. Anyone that knows about my cooking knows you will lose weight if that is all you get to eat. We went to eat with a bunch of guys from DH's work place yesterday. I was the only woman. It was like a farwell breakfast. DH said when I got up to go pay, all of the talking at the table stopped while they checked me out. He was so proud. I swear that man doesn't have a jealous bone in his body. Well, as long as no one touches me. Did I tell the story about almost fight when we were out one night? I was on the dance floow with some female friends. Some guy came up and grabbed me and wouldn't let go. The girls went and got my DH. That really pissed him off. Basketball game time. Got to go. Hat
bunnymorris
on 1/15/05 1:21 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
I guess Ditto here too. Busy, busy! I have a cyst in my eye and was tied up with appointments all week and then they will remove it on Wed. the 20th. I only get to dop in late at night before going to bed. School keeps me so tied up, then come home to walk and have a little time with my husband. I need more hours in the day ! Hope all are doing well. Take care, Bunny -87
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views