Where is everybody???

IrishIze
on 1/14/05 10:29 pm - NJ
Seems like the board has slowed down in the last day or so - I hope everyone will continue to come here. I really rely on the support and I've come to think of you all as dear friends! Now that I've bought some new clothes that actually fit, so many people are noticing that I've lost weight. It's funny - I've lost nearly 90 lbs. and people at work are just starting to say: "Wow, are you losing weight?" My co-worker (who knows I had WLS) thinks it's because until very recently I was still wearing my baggy shirts and MC Hammer pants ( ) . Now that I'm in size-appropriate clothes, people are so surprised that I've lost so much weight. I don't tell people about my surgery - that's just a choice I made. When they ask what I'm doing, I tell them high protein, low carbs, no sugar, lots of water and exercise. I don't figure I'm lying; I'm just not telling them my whole medical history. Anyway, those are just my ramblings...I know people here will understand, and I'm so thankful for all of you!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Hugs, Nancy -89
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 12:02 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I haven't been online much lately. Because it has got so cold in our computer room, we don't really use the main computer. I'm using the laptop, but it's a pain in the neck because the cursor keeps jumping around while I'm typing. So I pretty much just stay away. Sounds like buying new clothes was just what you needed to get your compliments. I bought a couple pairs of jeans and shirts, but no one has really said anything. I guess I'll have to be a size six before I ever get noticed. Oh well! Pamela -78
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 12:08 am - Somewhere Else
Well hello Nancy, you beautiful woman you! I'm still around, even decided that from now on I'll pop on during my lunch at work. I don't always have enough time in a day to drop in otherwise. I'll never give up coming on here though, I love seeing how well everyone is doing. You're right, it's like family...oh, but Jeff can't be a brother, 'cause then I couldn't flirt with him . We all made choices about informing people about our surgery...I personally love telling people if they ask (even if they don't ask!) and if I don't like their opinion, I just turn a deaf ear, some people are quite ignorant! Most though I find, are very interested in hearing all about it and are very congradulatory when they hear I've lost over 96 pounds to date (so far!). It's about time you bought yourself some clothes that fit! You need to be showing off that new bod of yours! I'll go broke buying clothes that I shrink out of within a week, but I don't care! I love it!... I actually have a favourite pair of jeans now...lol...and as they get bigger I'll just go back and get a smaller pair of the same hahahaha. I hope everyone is doing well...and I want to hear more updates!!!!! Linda 268/171.5
Deejay
on 1/15/05 12:13 am - Sparks, NV
I'm around too, just been really busy as well. My kids finally start back to school on Tuesday after a 2 week holiday break and then we had so much snow, they're school was cancelled for 2 weeks, so I've been goin kinda nuts around here, and haven't been able to get to curves cuz they've been home with me everyday, I've been on the treadmilll, but it just isn't the same as my curves. I can't wait to go back Tuesday (monday's a holiday). Anyway, I'm here and I lost 3lbs last week, so I'm very happy about that, its been a long time since I've lost more then 1lb a week if any at all in a week. woo hoo! Just got into my size 16 jeans and I'm pretty happy for that too. Like you said Nancy, new clothes definitely make a difference! Deejay 257/183/150 -74
Marcy B.
on 1/15/05 2:43 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I've been around! I agree- I come to this website all the time looking for support. I think I would be totally lost without you guys. Its better than a real life support group where you meet face to face. We are all hitting that 6month mark when we feel like we have got this whole situation together. But I think that each day is a new adventure. I weigh in next Friday for the month and I am hopeful I have lost some more weight. But the other day I tried on a pair of pants that belong to my daughter ( that she has never worn). They are Lane Bryant fitted 22/24. I cannot believe that I could actually get them on up over my hips. I can't quite zip them yet, but I am amazed that I could even get them on my body. Especially since when I started I was busting out at the seams of a 5X- or what is a size 34 pants 34!!! That is amazing to me. But I guess not suprising since my hips went from 70 inches ( frightening...I think I was wider than I am tall at 5-2 inches, a veritable box!) to 55 inches. Off to the mall to buy a new outfit- two parties tonight and nothing to wear. What a pity !! Marcy -72 and counting....
jcordell
on 1/15/05 5:13 am - TX
This board is AWESOME!!! Everyone is so supportive. It's amazing to see such unselfish giving of advice, support and kindness. Reading through some of the posts, I don't always respond because some of the items I can't relate to (bra size, etc.), but I am always here as a support mechanism when needed. I read some posts where people quit coming to the board or participating because they were not where they would like to be as far as loss goes, etc. I believe some comments were even passed that the board seemed to be a "clique"...or a "bragging board". You know what, each and every one of us has a right to brag and SHOULD brag about what we've gone through and what we've accomplished. People ask me how I'm losing so fast, but they forget that I have 150 pounds to lose to be at my goal or 168 pounds to lose to be at my surgeon's goal, or ideal weight. That in mind, I STILL have nearly 50 pounds to lose, and my loss has slowed enormously. For those that are discouraged, please understand that this board, ideally, is one of support and sharing ideas and successes along the way. If I didn't lose another ounce, I'd still be happy with my choice of having WLS. Finally, we should remember to be thankful that despite complications that many of us had, we are all still here, healthy, as one big July family (getting smaller by the day ). I am honored to be associated with the finest group of losers this sight has ever seen, and I will always be here to support my WLS friends and family. Keep smiling and as always, keep the faith. Jeff -103
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 6:27 am - Somewhere Else
wooo there he is! Ok, bragging rights we have right??? Well I just dyed my hair, first time in amlost 2 years and I look HOT! will post pics soon, maybe As for the weight loss, I couldn't be happier and surely can't complain. *knock on wood* haven't had a week yet without a loss. (1 week a gain of 1 pound, that was water so I don't count it...the following week I lost 5, lol). Ok...now the time to flirt.... hey baby, come here often??? hehe Linda 268/171.5
ErikaL
on 1/15/05 7:58 am - JAX, FL
Linda, quit flirting with my man! (Just Kiddin', but he is cute isn't he?) Hugs, Erika L
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 9:48 am - Somewhere Else
Ok! that's it! Get out the kiddie pool full of jell-O, we're gonna wrassle over him! hehe Linda 268/171.5
ErikaL
on 1/15/05 11:14 am - JAX, FL
You're on, but it has to be sugar-free Jello!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views