OH member hospitalized

JustHat
on 1/13/05 4:50 am - NM
A friend of mine has been hospitalized. We have the same surgeon. Please show your support by leaving her a message on her surgery support page. And, pray that things get better for her. I just got a call from Arlene. She has been hospitalized. After her scope yesterday, they sent her home. She tried to lay down with her husband, but after a couple of hours, the pain in her check became unbearable. She called to see if she could take some pain meds she had at the house. The nurse said no and told her to report to the ER ASAP. Apparently, when they did her scope, they tore her esophagus. She now has air in her chest and around her heart and she said it is going into her neck. They have her in the cardiac ward. They were going to operate on her last night, but they said the hole has sealed. Now they are hoping that it won't open back up. To make matters worse, they say that her stricture is so bad that they can't open it back up. The military doctors are saying that they are going to have to reverse her surgery. The military doctors are in contact with her civilian surgeon (Dr. Weber) but no decisions have been made yet. And, the military is refusing to let her see a civilian gastro doc that is closer to Dr. Weber. The military says that she is seeing the best gastro doc they have to offer at this post. I know she is really down. Please pray for her and post some support to her surgery support page. After living with this stricture for 6 weeks, she deserves a break. I feel so bad for her. She needs our support. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=W1092186558 Hat
IrishIze
on 1/13/05 5:17 am - NJ
Done...she's in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, nancy -88
Gina P.
on 1/13/05 2:46 pm - Columbus, OH
I will pray that she has a speedy and painless recovery. I have not had my surgery yet, still fighting with the insurance companies but when I hear stories like this it makes me wonder if this is the right thing to do. Take care and God Bless You.
jcordell
on 1/14/05 2:16 am - TX
Hat, Arlene is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. Jeff
JustHat
on 1/15/05 6:08 am - NM
I wanted to post an update and thank everyone for showing their support. She said she cried when she read all of the support messages. They let her out of the hospital yesterday evening. She is so happy to be at home. On Monday she will get to see her surgeon. Until then, he wants her to drink and stay off foods. She still has the stricture to worry about. But, at least the tear is healing. Hat
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views