Liver Enzymes????

Debra O.
on 1/12/05 4:22 am - Chino, CA
I just got my 6 month labs back and my PCP said everything looked great...all my levels are good except my liver enzymes were in the high range. Does anyone know what would cause this? I just talked with the nurse over the phone and she couldnt tell me. I see the surgeon on Jan 18 th so she said to ask him then. Just wondering if any of you had any insight on this. ~Debra 270/185/150
Traci K.
on 1/12/05 5:38 am - Sullivan, MO
Nope, sorry have no clue about that. Keep us posted. Traci
dawn1973
on 1/12/05 6:19 am - Walkerton, IN
Debra do you still have a gallbladder? This could be the signs of upcoming gallbladder trouble
Debra O.
on 1/12/05 6:22 am - Chino, CA
Oh no...I didnt need to hear that...~Debra
Jennifier1
on 1/12/05 6:53 am - Weirton, WV
Had you been on any cholesterol or triglyceride medicine? Check the side effects of any medicine you are taking. Many medicines can mess with you liver enzymes.
Debra O.
on 1/12/05 7:31 am - Chino, CA
Thank you, but Im just on 1 blood pressure pill. Lisinopril. ~Debra
sweetscarletbegonias
on 1/14/05 3:40 pm - Plymouth, IN
I had this problem pre-op, but I was told your liver enzymes filter out the toxins in your body and while we are losing weight our fat that we are losing is a toxin...I'm by no means a medical expert but this is what I was told. Pre-op they said it was my diabetes and all the glocouse my liver was filtering. I'm pretty sure that is a big reason we shouldn't drink post-op because of the liver already being stressed from the fat it is filtering out!!
MarinaS
on 1/15/05 5:14 am - Small Town, WA
I am told that if we still have our gallbladder it can start causing problems around the six month mark. I have had my share of this and mine is coming out on the 21st (my birthday). The only problem is that the chances of an open are greater after gastric bypass.
Velvet W.
on 1/16/05 7:03 am - RunningSprings, CA
RNY on 07/09/04 with
First off which set of the 3 liver enzymes have risen and how much? Since my surgery my ast and alt have actually come down 300 and 600 points although they missed checking the other which started at over 1300, talk about WAY high. they are now only 20 points abouve normal. My gallbladder was removed.But according to Loma Linda Liver Translant center they said main benifit was the weight loss and the types of medications i no longer have to take are the biggest help to MY liver enzyme reduction.I am still considered as having fatty liver disease and NASH and require yearly check-ups in addition to regular blood work ups. Also lots of anti-depression/bipolar medications adersly affect the liver. Lots of luck, Velvet 330/221
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views