Hair loss ??

Traci K.
on 1/11/05 6:45 pm - Sullivan, MO
Anyone else still having a lot of hair loss? I had another major surgery in April 2003, and had not been too long without losing hair, before my WLS. I know losing hair is part of any surgical procedure because of the anesthesia, etc.... but with WLS, I'm wondering how much of it is nutrient related. I'm taking extra biotin, as I heard that helped and my surgeon suggested trying it. How much biotin is necessary? I'm still getting a lot of hair loss. Good thing I have a lot of hair, but it's going on two years now of hair loss and even though new is growing in, I would really like to slow this down, if possible. Are you all doing/taking anything to help with hair loss? Traci
Boomkat G.
on 1/11/05 9:49 pm - Magnolia, TX
I'm still having a TON of hair loss...I had my surgery 1 day before you, and the hair loss started in November. I HAD a lot of hair - it was really really thick - but now I have to wrap a ponytail holder around it like 3-4 times. I haven't taken anything for it, not sure if anything REALLY helps. Hopefully it will slow down or stop for us soon!
Deejay
on 1/11/05 11:17 pm - Sparks, NV
mine just slowed down dramatically in the last couple weeks. I was almost thinking I may need a wig it got so bad. I still have very bare spots just above the temple area, I look like Bruce Willis's daughter or something, but it just slowed down alot in the last couple weeks. Hopefully it will for you too! Deejay 257/185/150 -72
IrishIze
on 1/11/05 11:40 pm - NJ
I still seem to be losing a lot, and I have been taking Biotin since the beginning of month two. I think it is mostly nutrient related since I have had a few major surgeries and never experienced anything like this. Luckily I have a very thick head of hair and at this point it's not apparent that I've lost so much. I have heard that it should start to slow down after the first six months, so I guess we should all cross our fingers! Hugs, Nancy -88
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 11:48 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My hair loss has slowed down considerably. I haven't done anything special to stop it, so I guess it just finally decided that enough was enough. I've heard that Biotin really doesn't do much. You need to get in a lot of extra protein because it takes protein to build hair, and your body is pretty much using up your 50g (from your other post) to focus on survival. When you go for your six month checkup, you can ask about it then. Just make sure you write down the things you want to ask, because you'll forget when you get there. At least, I do! Pamela 352/274/200 "content goal"
MargaretD
on 1/12/05 1:29 am - Nashville, TN
i was just thinking this morning in the shower that my hair loss is slowing down. then, i had a horrible thought, what if i am just so used to it now that it doesn't look like a lot in my hands! i am trying not to let that thought fester, b/c i like the idea that maybe it is actually slowing down and i am going back to the normal "shedding" that occurred before the wls. i always read the hair loss posts and have come to believe that there is nothing you can do to stop it! either you only lose a little or you lose a lot. i can really tell that i have lost a lot of hair, but other ppl can't, so it doesn't bother me too much...as long as it stops soon!! margaret 238/148/128 (only 20 more to go!!)
Vivi *.
on 1/12/05 1:40 am - clermont, FL
my hairs is still coming out in clumps, I already had very finei hair prior to surgery, and now it is so much wrose! I may have to cut it short... -Flávia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views