self-sabotage

houstondoll
on 1/11/05 11:36 am - Houston, TX
This is my reply to a July post in which the writer asks if eating a 6oz container of yogurt is eating too much... I really could use your help.... See this is why I feel like I am doing everything wrong.... You mentioned 3oz of fish... Now when you say 3 oz, are you weighing it on a scale or measuring via a measuring cup all cut up? I think I have stretched my pouch over the Christmas break... I can buy a grilled chicken sandwich from McDonalds and eat the whole peice of grilled chicken. I am soo scared now! Because I can not only do that but eat a little of the lettuce and even 1/2 of the bottom bun afterwards.... Does that seem like an awful lot????? I can fix a package of oatmeal and eat all of it (perhaps leaving 3 bits)... now thats a 2/3 cup of OATS! Aren't they suppose to expand and YES I can eat a whole container of yogurt!!!!! I almost feel like I am on a course of self-sabbatoge..... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RELATE or if I AM eating too much.....
Shelly H C.
on 1/11/05 9:49 pm - New Castle, DE
Sorry you are having such a hard time. I consider myself a slow loser, but I have found peace in this. At times I can eat more food than other times. Depending on the consistency of the food item I am eating, I can eat more. Like soup, I can eat 5-6 oz easily. Dense food such as pork chop, chicken, etc... I can generally eat about 3 oz of the meat and I add about 1/4 cup of veggies. After surgery, my body has never really told me when it was full. In the beginning, I had a little discomfort, but that is not the case now. If you ate the grilled chicken without the bread, that is no more than 3 oz of meat, so I wouldn't be too upset. When I make oatmeal, I tend to eat about 2/3 cups, especially if I haven't eaten meat. Over Christmas, I didn't stick to my plan, but its good knowing that the holiday season is over. I think you are doing great, everyone is different. I believe my surgeon left my pouch a little bigger than others. From the beginning, I was only allowed to eat 3 meals a day. I noticed others were able to eat 6 small meals a day. One thing my surgeon did advise me was, Just because you can eat more, doesn't mean you should. I know I have rambled more than given you advice, but there are plenty of us, in your shoes. Have a great day. ~Shelly
IrishIze
on 1/12/05 12:49 am - NJ
I feel like the density of the food has a lot to do with how much I can eat. Denser foods like chicken, fish or beef I weigh, and I can't get in as much. Less dense foods like ricotta cheese, meatballs or yogurt, I can get in much more since I think they exit the pouch easier. Don't be so hard on yourself! I'm sure you're doing fine and not that different than anyone else here. Why not join the daily posting of what you eat on any given day and see? Hang in there - you're doing great!! Hugs, Nancy -88
Vivi *.
on 1/12/05 1:44 am - clermont, FL
if you are eating less than 1 cup's worth of food you are fine! If you get that chicken breast from Mcdonal'ds and measure it, you wil see that, it it is actualy less than 1 cup. Don't worry about it. As long as you are making good choices, 1 or less cup of food at every meal is standard / acceptable for us. we are 5-6 months out already, things are bound to change a little. Vivi.
houstondoll
on 1/12/05 8:06 am - Houston, TX
Ladies, Thank you sooo much! I feel so much better now! Its just nice to have someone to talk to .... THANKS
sweetscarletbegonias
on 1/14/05 3:42 pm - Plymouth, IN
Wow!! I can eat soo much more than you, but than other times I can't eat at all, but today I pigged out and ate bad things I know I shouldn't have!! You sound like you are doing fine to me though!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views