need some incouragement

Ilva K.
on 1/11/05 8:14 am - NYC, NY
iam 6 month out on the 13th i have gained 4 pounds over the holiday, i ve been stuck at a platue for 6 weeks, i am hungry more often, i crave carb, i try to fight it, i dont know wats going on i feel so bloted this week, i need some advise, i came to far to let myself go at this point. thank you for letting me vent 286 -209 155
on my W.
on 1/11/05 10:27 am - Canada
Well Ilva I am here to offer a hug and to wait and see what others say. We are in the same boat. I started at 290 and went to 193 then gained 4 pounds this past week to 197 (the first time ever) and I am craving more food and wanting the bad stuff. I am not on a plateau but your comment about the bloating hit home...I feel the same way...soooo bloated and also scared and afraid that the thrill is over.....I still have 50 to go and I know I am not getting my water or exercising enough but I am still shocked with the 4 pound jump. Maybe the only encouragement I can offer you is empathy in knowing that I too am going through the same thing and you are not alone....advice from others please....it is really needed.. Karen
beverly T.
on 1/11/05 11:04 am - pahokee, FL
keep your head up girl, you'll start losing again, i go through the same thing, infact i think i posted something similiar just the other day..lol, but guess what, i got on the scale today and it had moved a couple pounds, and it will move for you too....just stay focused, another thing i wanted to tell you is...stay off the scales, i was driving myself crazy jumping on every scale i saw, and we all know that every scale is different and some are not accurate, but i still would get off the scale with the negative reading , feeling like a complete failure. so , as hard as it is for me, i try to only weigh once a month, unless i go to the doctor. dont get me wrong , if you can weigh yourself every week and be ok with the results, then thats great...but i cant, mentally it wasnt very healthy for me. i also feel alot more hungry latley, well i wouldnt exactly say hungry, i just want more stuff now, but my surgeon suggested that i eat those sugar free tums when i get a craving and they seem to help....anyway, congrats on your weight loss, and i'm sure you'll have no problem meeting your goal
Traci K.
on 1/12/05 8:12 am - Sullivan, MO
{{{{{hugs}}}} No real advice to offer, just wanted to give you a hug!
bunnymorris
on 1/12/05 9:05 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Everyone is so different. For me lots of time I will get a little increase right before a nice drop. Give it a little time. In the meantime, just focus on tha****er, protein, etc. I know if I don't get enough protein I am hungry! Like some folks gain right before their period. Not me--I drop! Don't ask me why!! Just since the surgery. Wierd! My best to you. Hang tight! Bunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views