Soda

Dawn is D.
on 1/10/05 9:50 am - Dayton, NJ
Hi Everyone- I have been craving like no tomorrow a glass of the new Zero Sprite. Zero carbs, etc. What is everyone's opinion on soda? Does it really expand your pouch? Any advice would be appreciated! dawn
dawn1973
on 1/10/05 10:15 am - Walkerton, IN
Hi Dawn I was told by our dietiticians. that it is fine by 6 months out if you are comfortable with it. but to try and avoid the caffienated beverages because it can increase your appetite and can also cause water rentention. I love the sprite. I was also told if it is sugar free, calorie free and caffeiene free it counts as water for me.
TJ B.
on 1/10/05 10:28 am - Texarkana, AR
Check with your doctor. But from what I can tell, everyone of us has been told a different thing. I was told I could have soda from day 1 post op as long as I let it sit out for approx 30 min first to allow it to defizz some. Even then I had to sip it just like I did everything else I drank. I can drink more at one time now, but I still try to sip cola to keep from getting a bloated feeling. For me, (maybe its a good thing???), none of the diet colas that I used to drink taste the same anymore. Hope that helps. Tj Brown 320/225/160
us2bfat C.
on 1/10/05 6:08 pm - selden, NY
i was told no soda but if you have to have it go for it.... i have found that i do not deny myself anything and if its real bad for me then i dont over do it........ take small sips and see how it works for you maybe you will be satisfied with the one sip god bless Stacy 232/149/140
IrishIze
on 1/10/05 11:08 pm - NJ
I was never a big soda drinker before surgery, so it hasn't bothered me not having it. I guess if I wanted to try it I would get the zero carb kind and let it sit for awhile. I'm trying to go with the 'everything in moderation' rule at this point. There are things I know I can't eat, so I avoid them, but I do like to try new things every now and again. Hugs, Nancy -88
Tanja Y
on 1/11/05 1:07 am - Wahiawa, HI
I was a HUGE Dr. Pepper and Coke fanatic but gave it up before surgery. My doc says soda is a NO-NO, but it's just like everything else; each persons opinion is different. Luckily it's something I don't often crave and when I do, I'm out of luck. Only pop in my house is dh's Mt. Dew and I can't stand the stuff. But the zero carb caffeine free Sprite sounds like something worth trying if you are having a craving. So if you try it, post and let us know how it tasted and if you reacted to it. ~Tanja -133
MinnieMia
on 1/11/05 5:17 am - SC
I have had a few sips since surgery. It HURT a couple of times. I took some sips of my BF's Diet Coke that was from a machine (not a bottle which seems more fizzy to me) and was over ice and it was fine. I don't drink it often and never more than 1/8 of a cup or so at that, but I'm not going to freak out over it. I've never liked the carbonation in soda anyway so I always diluted my Cokes with water! I know, I know...
lily K.
on 1/11/05 10:43 am - brockton, MA
dear dawn, i was one of those people who drank diet pepsi all day long, started at breakfast(never liked coffee) and drank all day. i missed them at first but i have tried a few times and the carbonation does not agree with me. i have tried diet sunkist orange ( i pour it into a clean pitcher and leave it for a day to flatten out) and it's okay, recently had some flat diet raspberry gingerale and it wasn't bad either. i think it's a very individual thing(like most stuff with this surgery). try your sprite, let it flatten a bit and use lots of ice!! good luck lilykate
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views