I just found you!!

Kim H.
on 1/8/05 11:03 am - Riverside, CA
I've always watched the main board and the Cali board but I had no idea there was a July board. So I guess you could say I'm a newbie. I had my surgery on July 1 and I've lost 103 pounds. I'm really happy about this but I have recently hit my first plateau. I know I should be happy that this is my first one but I'm not. I have not changed any of my eating habits and I work out 5 days a week. I know I should up my water intake but it's so hard with the cold weather. You see, I still have to have my water ICE cold or else it hurts. This makes the drinking a chore. I also have learned that sugar doesn't really affect me. I'm not eating an excessive amount but I can eat two oreos or a brownie with no side affects. This has me a little worried. I don't want to dump but without that will I find it difficult to maintain myself? I know this is a journey I chose and now it's up to me to face it head on but does anyone have the same experiences and how do you deal? Looking forward to hearing some positive and helpful responses. Kim
Debra O.
on 1/8/05 11:45 am - Chino, CA
Hi Kim...Welcome to the July board. I live near you...Where did you have your surgery done? Who was your surgeon. I had mine in Wildomar at Inland Hills regional..Dr. Suh was my surgeon. I've lost 84lbs. I'm about 25-30lbs from my goal. I too am finding it harder to get the weight off. I found out last month that sugar doesnt bother me at all either. It scares me too because Im afraid that I will want to eat it all the time. I was never a big sugar eater before surgery, but I find myself wanting something sweet now...lol I try to just have some crystal light when I crave sweet stuff. Good luck to you...I hope we will see you posting again. ~Debra
IrishIze
on 1/8/05 10:04 pm - NJ
Hi Kim, and welcome! Your weight loss is fantastic!! I have hit a couple of little weight stalls along the way and find that if I change things up a bit; such as more carbs-less exercise, or more protein-more water; it helps to break the plateau. I also posted something on this board a few days ago called How to Break a Plateau. I got it off the main board, and maybe it's worth a try. I still can't drink plain water, so I add about 5 oz of Fruit Refreshers lemonade to every 16 oz and it goes down much easier. As far as sugar goes, I still haven't tried it - I'm afraid to know if I can tolerate it because I was a real sugar-holic presurgery. Hope to see you around - we're a great bunch here!! Hugs, Nancy -88
Traci K.
on 1/8/05 10:24 pm - Sullivan, MO
Welcome!! I'm also at a plateau. It seems, from reading this board, that a 6 month plateau is common - so I don't feel too bad! LOL I also am not affected by sugar; but thankfully, don't test it much. Traci
Tara118
on 1/8/05 10:57 pm - Trenton, OH
Welcome Kim!! You'll love this group. It is an awesome sourse of support. You're weight loss is great. I agree wiht Nancy. Change things up a little bit. Sometimes it changes things up for your body and gets things rolling again. With the sugar...I was a HUGE sugar addict before surgery. I drank lemonade about 3 weeks post op and I was so sick. I now have tested the waters with small amounts of sugar and I have been fine. I guess I'm afraid if I eat too much I will get sick so it keeps me in check. I do buy some sugar free cookies such as Murray Brand and there are now sugar free Milanos. I just allow myself 1-2 of those to get rid of my sweet tooth. Tara 305/208/170 -97
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views